FlipPac for full size truck with rain fly in Utah

getout

Adventurer
SOLD

Located in Salt Lake City, Utah
Price dropped to $1,600

The interior dimensions at the bed are a standard full-size pickup long bed dimensions.

Interior dimensions are 8ft long, about 62.5" wide.

The exterior width at the bed is 73".

The good:
It's in generally good condition and has kept wind and rain out in some pretty horrendous storms.
New shocks for the rear window
Rain fly is in excellent condition
Includes handle and some metal rod for pushing the fabric in when closing (I just do it by hand)
No leaks when closed or opened
Has the foam for the bed
Also has a wooden platform that fits on the rails so you can sleep above the truck bed and store things underneath
Has an awning on the side

The bad:
It's not new so there is some general wear to the entire thing (paint chips on exterior, tent fabric stains, six drilled and filled holes behind driver's side cab for antenna mount?)
One of the interior poles has a 12" section of pvc pipe around it and duct taped at the ends. I imagine the pole is bent underneath but never took it off and it hasn't caused any problems

I can post more detailed pictures later if anyone is interested.

I realize the next owners of the truck will be disappointed I got rid of the color matched FlipPac and rain fly, but I'm sure they'll live without it. :)

1.jpg

smallerfp.jpg

Last edited:

getout

Adventurer
Well, I didn't sell it in the last 30 minutes so I measured it for you.

Information moved into the first post.

Last edited:

getout

Adventurer
I think you might be right. My bed does the same thing but it didn't need any spacers. It just overhangs the rear by a couple inches and is a about an inch too narrow up front.

getout

Adventurer
Excellent question. We didn't have the fender pins installed in the pictures. They're installed now but we'll take them off and include with the FlipPac.

You can kind of make out one of the legs in the bottom picture still hooked in place on the roof of the FlipPac. The legs work fine on the crew cab and don't hit the windshield so I think they'd be fine on an extended. You might have to modify the length a bit (I had to shorten them about an inch) but the ends are just riveted onto lengths of aluminum tubing I'm sure can come from anywhere if you need longer ones.

Last edited:

Shurppa

Observer
I just bought a used flip pac and while mounting it I decided the poles were too long so I went to a apholstery shop and had them make me shorter poles. I had them make me 4 poles at a new lenth(2 extra just incase) and also bought two new mouting end that go on the top piece to hold the poles. Cost $50.00. The mounting clips can be made with some stainless plate and rod tig welded together. Not hard. A welding shop could make some easy. Alos the bent tent pole could be made at the apholstery shop too. You might need what they call a thread setter, to mount the clips that go between the hood and fender. I bought one at Napa Auto parts for $140.00.

PLaBarge

Hi - we are in Colorado and would love to purchase! Any chance it is still for sale? Patty (303) 246 -2976. We have a Ford F250 long bed. Call me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk