Flippac in Salt Lake $1000

cruisertoy

Explorer
I'm in Salt Lake. That is very tempting and I don't even own a pickup. I have a mombasa RTT and it won't fit my whole family (3 kids 2 adults). One could hack that thing and add a floor where the bed part is and have a huge RTT.

sami

Explorer
this is now the second Flippac i've seen for sale near me at really a decent price.. It really makes me want to sell my runner, get an older pickup, and the flippac..

never seen a grey one. looks good

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
There is a neat looking 03/04 era Tacoma with a paint matched Flippac and an ARB bar that I see around Sandy all the time, seems like I pass her on the road a couple times a week. Neat setups!

czenkov

Adventurer
It is on Ih8mud too with more pics - truck is for sale too. I have contacted and am going to look at it tomorrow or Saturday. What do these run new?

VikingVince

Explorer
czenkov said:
It is on Ih8mud too with more pics - truck is for sale too. I have contacted and am going to look at it tomorrow or Saturday. What do these run new?

New Flippacs are $3300. You definitely need a rain cover...I believe the one they sell is around $300...or you can make your own like I have by cutting down a big blue tarp and then adding cleats around your truck perimeter to tie it down.

I think the Flippac is a great way to go...poor mans Earthroamer JP!!...plenty of standing room and living space and you can build the interior of the truck bed with as many amenities as you choose...just like the JP!

czenkov

Adventurer
I looked at this today. Seems to be worth the money. Has a couple of issues but to be expected for the price. The back screen is torn, there are some what I would call "stress cracks" in the fiberglass but nothing that appears to compromise its integrity, and on the piece that folds out over the hood of the truck the fiberglass panel is separating a little. None of this would affect the actual usability of the unit. And easily home repairable in my estimation. I am thinking on this one as I have not made up my mind as to what I am going to do regarding camping accommodations:tent: . I am thinking on 3 options.
1: I currently have a Topper. Install drawer system with mattress and crash that way.
2: Flip-pac
3: RTT - (potentially able to use this on both vehicles - and that is a big draw)

If this is still available when I make up my mind I will in all liklihood purchase, however, in the meantime if it sells - well, thats the way of the world. I do think it is worth the money and a great way to get into one of these at a steep discount! Oh, and he has a rain cover for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater