FLIPPACK CAMPERS

BRIAN SKIPPER

Hi:

I have heard that people are having breaking problems with the torsion bars that help support the top when down. We are a torsion bar manufacturer and can solve this problem. Any body interested in this?

Brian Skipper

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
As a former dealer of the Flippac product I would say that there are several people out there who would be interested. A couple of hundred perhaps but not thousands. The company that originally made the Flippac closed its doors this year. If you would like more info, you may contact me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tacoluv

Observer
Brian,

I am sure there are many Flippac owners that currently have a broken torsion bar or will need one. I have tried contacting many sources with no luck. Sent a broken one in last year - but ultimately they said it was not what they do (racing torsion suspension bars). You probably need a broken one to evaluate and my second is now broken but I haven't taken it off because it holds the top on. I would need to get at this after some trips planned in Sept

How can we contact you and where are you located? Is someone willing to bring their rig in or send in a bar? Anyone else want to help with this project?

Tom

austintaco

Explorer
Tacoluv, are you on American Adventurist as well? I am following a thread on there and the subject of finding a mfr for the torsion bars came up. Like others, I would buy one, depending on cost, to have in case mine breaks or to give the new owner some peace of mind. I'll follow this thread as well.

mtnrobb

torsion bar replacement

Having purchased likely one of the last ones they produced in June, I would nonetheless be interested in availability and would probably purchase a spare.

toddz69

Explorer
Hi Brian:

I'm assuming you're Brian Skipper from Sway-A-Way? Looks like a great opportunity here to make some bars for the community.

Todd Z.

tacoluv

Observer
I have communicated with Brian Skipper at Swayaway,. He is interested - I gave him rough dimensions of the Flippac bar but we need to get a bar to him, broken or otherwise. He is on the road till Thursday. I asked him to post some interest to pursue this project. I will not have my broken bar out till late September. Does anyone have a bar and live close to his LA/Chatsworth CA place to get started working with him now?

tacoluv

Observer
flippac torsion bar

Hallelujah,

We have a source for our Flippac torsion bar. Sway-A-Way, the manufacturer of automotive and racing torsion bars informed me through Brian Skipper the company President that they are interested. He said they made a bar for a Tacoma size Flippac in the past and he has the documentation for that bar. Check out the Sway-A-Way website to see what they build.

I ordered my bar today to show my interest. Brian said he is doing a run of 5 bars until he can see what the interest is. The retail will be $299, so you can see the price is fair.
He also is able to make the supporting brackets if anyone needs them.

If you are interested give him a call or send him an email, brian@swayaway.com

Tom

mattsavage

Observer
+1

I'll buy a spare... My FP is almost 20yo now, not sure how much longer it has but I'll milk it till the end. $300 isn't too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater