Fog light question

Ordered a new bumper for Christmas , it dose not have provisons for the factory dog lights . I have also ordered some 3 inch led cubes . the bumper has 5 holes across the bottom that. I could make work for the led's or it has a spot to mount lights on the top of the bumper alongside the winch mount . my thinking is the fogs need to be mounted low to be most effective . just wondering what everyone's option is .

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Zeep

Adventurer
I would keep them on top, to prevent dragging them into what ever you wheeling in! 3" to 4" difference in mounting plain won't be noticeable.
If you have the tools and fab skills, try running some flush mounts. There are a ton available on Amazon and E bay.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Lower is better for them to function well in actual fog and snow. But this is the eternal struggle with 4x4, since putting them where they will actually work usually ends up with them torn off. So you have to do your best.

MOguy

Explorer
How hard would it be to mount them low when fog is a concern and the just remount them high when damage is a concern. Just leave the wires long enough so you can move them when needed.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yes, fog lights should be mounted low. I have always perferred yellow fogs.

You mentioned LED cube lights. Most cube lights are not fog lights.

Septu

Explorer
Ordered a new bumper for Christmas , it dose not have provisons for the factory dog lights . I have also ordered some 3 inch led cubes . the bumper has 5 holes across the bottom that. I could make work for the led's or it has a spot to mount lights on the top of the bumper alongside the winch mount . my thinking is the fogs need to be mounted low to be most effective . just wondering what everyone's option is .

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

If they're true fog lights (vs some random LED lights), 4-5 inches shouldn't make too much of a difference as long as they're aimed correctly. And if they're not true fogs and are just some random LED lights, you shouldn't be using them on the road with traffic anyway, in which case the 4-5 inches won't matter...

Cubes usually don't have a good pattern for fog. you want thin and flat for a pattern.

Flat with a nice sharp cutoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77