Fog lights

bat

Explorer
I decided to do a little project today with a new set of Blitzpro 3LR led lights. I used a 1/4" sheet of plastic with a 3 1/4 hole in the center for the light and 4 3/4 cutout for the ring. Removed the old fog housing and used the existing hole in the back for the light and a mount up to the body and good to go. This product is only for offroad use

006.jpg007.jpg001.jpg

Sir Lurker

Thanks for posting this. I was just recently thinking of replacing the stock fogs with some LED's. Any issues with aligning them?

bat

Explorer
LED 010.jpg HEAD LIGHTS012.jpg
I am not a fog light guy but on the trail I think it will add some nice close light.

upcountry

Explorer
I replaced mine with some Rigid Industries LEDs. They are WAY brighter than my headlights and add some distance as well.

IMG_20120720_202620.jpg

IMG_20120720_202640.jpg

IMG_20120720_202648.jpg

IMG_20120708_124302.jpg

Bert007

hmm you have good choice about the fog lights but I am trying to find something which is small and looks good on the drive. I hope these lights will work for me. what do you think? Its quite similar to last one but I think its more good.

Super-bright-New-Arrival-18W-tractor-font-b-offroad-b-font-LED-work-font-b-light.jpg

Last edited:

trump

Adventurist
hmm you have good choice about the fog lights but I am trying to find something which is small and looks good on the drive. I hope these lights will work for me. what do you think? Its quite similar to last one but I think its more good.

Super-bright-New-Arrival-18W-tractor-font-b-offroad-b-font-LED-work-font-b-light.jpg

The light you have pictured appears to be larger than both the BlitzPro 3LR and the Rigids pictured above. I doubt the quality of construction and light output would be on par with either as well.

bat

Explorer
I replaced mine with some Rigid Industries LEDs.
The Rigids are pretty nice but I was never really that good at the square peg in a round hole :). I will probably just get rid of my Hellas for a good bar or pair of led lights.

upcountry

Explorer
Bat, do you have picture of how the lights are mounted from the backside of the bumper? Curious how adjustable they are. I would love to figure out a way to mount some like you have done into the ARB Bullbar setup. Hole saw...... only I agree I would use a round light for a round hole :). Also, do you have a writeup on the removable license plate/wich mount behind the bumper you have? I like the clean stock look you have.

Nice lights... but one concern... the location. If you plan to wheel, those lights will be torn off.
I would highly suggest mount then in a location that is protected from any hit.

Yes, that is the concern. It was more of a winter driving concern for now (it gets dark in the north end of the country........and we actually use our fog lights as fog lights, not neccesarily for "off-road" lighting.....).

This summer, when we have daylight (like you have year round in big ol' TX), and it stops raining and snowing, they'll get relocated or boxed. It get light out at 8:30 AM and gets dark at 3:30 PM around here and is foggy, raining, or snowing for about 180 days straight around here, so fog lights actually make a difference.

Plus, the beauty of the way they are mounted is they were simply bolted through an exisiting hole in the bumper assembly with a stainless bolt, isolated with a nylon spacer, and nutted on with a nylock wing nut. Becuase the wire harness is connected via a quick disconnect, and I used a nylock stainless wingnut, they can (and have been) be removed in about 2 minutes per side.

Last edited:

Derek G

Observer
Speaking of fog lights, anyone running an LED rear fog that could give me some feedback? I need to put a rear fog light on my 4Runner, but I spend a lot of time in the snow. I'm affraid that the LED won't put out enough heat to keep the lens clear of snow. Anyone had any experience with this? This is the same reason I'm opting for PIAA 520 ion crystal lights in the front.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have heard of a few people who have LED lights say that they can freeze up or get covered in snow because of the lack of heat. No personal experience, just what I have been reading while researching them myself. Never really thought of it actually?

I like the look of the Blitzpro lights, reasonable price and they seem to get good reviews too.

Tbird

Observer
I decided to do a little project today with a new set of Blitzpro 3LR led lights. I used a 1/4" sheet of plastic with a 3 1/4 hole in the center for the light and 4 3/4 cutout for the ring. Removed the old fog housing and used the existing hole in the back for the light and a mount up to the body and good to go. This product is only for offroad use

View attachment 143445

Nice job on fitting the LEDs into the fog holes...LOOKS GREAT...and super functional.
I have a couple of questions NOT related to the LEDs.

1) Did you paint your bottom center valance? If so, what paint did you use?
2) I have never seen cutouts in that valance. I like it alot! Love the tow points in them. What is that set up? Did you make it...or is it available for purchase somewhere?

Thanks,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach