Folding 3rd row bench seat for Chevy Express.

Roca

I have a 2003 Chevy Express AWD. It has a Sportsmobile pop top which is pretty sweet, but I would like to add a sleeping area below. This is a passenger van, with removable 2nd and 3rd row bench seats, carpeted floor, etc.

Building a platform behind the third row bench would be easy, but the distance between windows is 6’1”, and I am 6’ so even when sleeping at an angle it’s not ideal but it’s what I will live with if I can’t find a better solution.

Wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a seat that fits into the factory rails and folds forward or back?
--Or if anyone has figured out a way to safely modify the existing seat so as to make it fold?

Any other suggestions?

fire_strom

Adventurer
I yanked the 2nd row seat and put in the garage as a lounge. The front row seat got plasma cut apart and the bases welded onto a frame for the seat I wanted. It isn't the seat you want but you could do the same thing. Find the seat you want and build the bridge between it and the stock base. Maintains the handy quick disconnect and serves my needs.

2013 Express
-G

samuraiiamori

Hey - I’m interested in doing something like this. Sounds like you pulled it off. How is it working for you and do you have any pics you could share?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz

Members online