For a song.....

Chickenhawk

Picked this baby up last fall with 31k on the clock for $9300. Front and rear lockers. Since then we are up to about 40k. It's my wife's ride. I tried convincing her to let me have it and I'd sell my 85 4Runner. She wouldn't have any of it. There really isn't anything wrong with it. I ditched the stock rims for matt black kmc wheels. I bought some wet okole seat covers front and mid. Husky floor mats all around. I also installed a higher center console armrest. I installed a remote start too. Replaced the window runs. I have parts to attack the phh but haven't found the time. My goal is to convince the wife she needs an OME lift, ditch the stock running boards and figure out what to do with that ridiculous low lying spare tire. Bumpers?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Chickenhawk

Nice! Still have the stock wheels?

I do. The wife wanted black wheels so I bought some Cooper sst and had them studded mounted on the wheels below. As we live on a dirt road our cars are always dirty, especially in the winter. Usually you can't even tell what colors our vehicles are they are so dirty. I intend to keep this rig for a long time so I bought another set of identical wheels for the summer tires. I figure they would pay for themselves after a few years instead of going to the tire shop twice a year.

Wanna buy the stock wheels? I'm in Missoula.

image.jpeg

Chickenhawk

One other thing I did was install a rearveiw mirror with the temperature reading. Very easy install I recommend everyone do.

Chickenhawk

More info on that please?

CIPA 36500 Wedge Base Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass, Temperature and Map Light
image.jpeg

Rather easy install. I did eBay another rear view mirror to cut the arm off and maintain the cover plate to hide the factory mirror mount. I have the original if I ever want to go back. You need to epoxy a rear view mirror wedge on the glass. The wires tuck up in the headliner down the A pillar into the dash. I picked up 12v in the fuse box using this add-a-fuse.
image.jpeg
The temperature wire runs through a grommet on the firewall, through the engine compartment up to the underside of the front bumper. I'm impressed with its accuracy. It averages a three minute reading I believe.
If I where to do it again I'd forgo the map lights. The only way to adjust them is to move the mirror. It aluminates the steering column nice.
I live on a dirt road. It does shake very slightly when driving on washboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77