FOR SALE 1983 Four Seasons slide in pop up camper for full size truck

Atl-atl

Adventurer
!!!!!SOLD!!!!!

I really really really hate to do this. I spent the last two months rebuilding this camper. I bought it two days before moving to Chicago and told myself I would never sell it because of how much I regretted selling the last one. I had a long talk with my SO and we determined that there just isn't going to be time to use it over the next two years. I dont realistically have room for it and it only fits a full size truck but I need to be driving something else daily. So, its for sale, they both are actually but only the camper in this section!

If you want to see the whole build check out my thread starting on page 7. Build Thread here.

28753439916_dfe228a706_b.jpg

28707963581_2645d7e63a_b.jpg

27856969600_7f0918a05c_b.jpg

28207405036_f5b582fce7_b.jpg

28013852441_a72433484e_b.jpg

27889890962_43ebe211ee_b.jpg

Here is what I put in the CL ad.

Listing my 1983 Four Seasons slide-in pop up truck camper for sale. It was built in Colorado by Four Seasons, long before they were bought out by Lance camper. It is wood and aluminum framed and I have completely rebuilt the camper. The sleeping area is 76"x48" and comfortably sleeps two adults. The exterior dimensions are 80" wide and 76" long at the base. I have a longbed truck and there is nearly two feet of room for a "patio" behind the camper. It will fit on a shortbed truck but you might have to remove your tailgate. It requires 48" between the wheel wells of your truck. Midsize trucks need not apply unless youre ready to do significant modifications to the base or you have 48" between the wheel wells like a Jeep Comanche. It has two layers of 3/4" plywood and a layer of 2x4" runners on the bottom. The camper base has been narrowed to fit modern trucks, it was originally built for older body style trucks that were wider in the tailgate opening. If you know slide in campers you know what Im talking about. The conversion was done very well, you wouldn't be able to tell unless you really know what you're looking at!

It has a fully functional propane system with a locking exterior door that uses the same bottle as your home BBQ, just toss it in the camper and you have heat with a thermostat and a 3 burner stove! It has a water tank and manual pump for the faucet in the sink. I have never used the water system but it appears to be in good working order, it even comes with a drain hose for the outside of the camper. All the wiring is new, including a brand new $200 AGM(solid cell, think Optima) Duracell battery from Batteries + with a 3 year warranty starting last month. It has 5 lights inside that all work. There is shore power hookup, 110v extension cord plug with two outlets and also a wired truck power hookup, ready for your truck to be wired to it. It has a propane gas detector and carbon monoxide detector inside the camper. All of the power is wired to a master cutoff that is just inside the back door. No need to worry about crawling inside the camper because you forgot to disconnect the battery! Just open the door and flip the switch, it even has a light to let you know when its off/on. The canvas is in great shape and does not leak. nor does the roof or any other part of the camper that I know about. There is no mold or rotted wood anywhere inside the camper.

I have so many details in regards to the remodel that I have been doing. I will list a lot of them but you'll need to contact me for everything. Or come take a look and I can show you everything. All the upholstery is brand new. Window coverings and curtain rods are brand new. The flooring is brand new wood laminate. The walls have been covered with a woven fabric type wall covering. They really soften the interior and help take away all of the 70s fake wood that was rampant inside the camper! The rear door has been completely rebuilt to replace the rotten wood, reseal the window and install a new lockset with keyed access. I put together an inexpensive awning with parts from home depot. It works really well and is simple to set up. Its your if you want it.

There are a few negatives but nothing major. The clear plastic "windows" in the canvas have shrunk just enough that the velcro didn't reach to close them. To remedy this I added an extra 2" strip of velcro so they now fit securely in place and don't leak. I have not reinstalled the table. I have the mount and post but didn't want to put holes in the new floor until I was 100% sure where I wanted to locate the table. At this point I will leave it out and the new owner can install it where they please.

I will be selling it with 3 Titan camper jacks. These jacks alone cost $600 and are in nearly new condition. I will also give the new owner the cart I built to push the camper around and store it when not in the truck. I built the cart with 4 locking casters. It rolls very smoothly, I push it in and out of the garage by myself. In addition to this I have a set of tie downs. They are the threaded adjuster type hooks with tabs that you can mount on your truck. These tie downs sell for $200+ and you can have them. I never used them on my truck, I would just use ratchet straps to hold the camper.

The camper has obviously been garaged its entire life. It does not look 33 years old! I just moved to IL from CO so the camper has never seen any salt. It has never really even seen inclement weather! Same goes for the truck in the pictures which will also be for sale soon, rust free!!!I have posted some older pre-remodel pictures to show the "before." Any picture with the orange plaid is the "before" and the brown plaid is the "after." Feel free to contact me with any questions or for more pictures.

Expedition Portal disclaimer:

The camper is listed on CL Click Here! for $3750 currently. Its only this high because I know what its like trying to sell things on CL. Im trying to weed out the tire kickers. If you are seriously interested post up or pm me and we can have a conversation. Im not currently working and am willing to drive within a reasonable distance for a serious buyer. A lot of people tried to buy my last camper and I will be trying to get back in touch with those people. If you are someone that was interested in my FWC Hawk a while back let me know.

If you also happen want a sweet regular cab gasser dodge ram 2500 on 37s that wheels like a Jeep I will make you a deal you cant pass up.

Mike

Last edited:

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Dropped the price a little to see if that drums anything up. Im willing to work if you send me a message.

Full Trucker

This camper looks really super nice, any idea of the weight on it? It'd be perfect on my '06 Tundra, and I'd bring it "home" to Colorado... semi-interested. Just need to find a job that'd let me work remotely and I'm all over it. Great build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater