For Sale: 2001 Tundra V8 4X4 Limited TRD with 2005 FWC Hawk

4whtundra

Adventurer
For sale is my 2001 Tundra with a 2005 Four Wheel Camper Hawk model camper attached. I will have current pictures up within the next two days but wanted to get the ad out there to find some interest.

Here are the specs:

Truck

2001 Tundra, 4.7L V8 engine, 4X4, TRD Package, Tow Package, Limited with tan leather, access cab, Truck is black in color
Black procomp 16" alloy wheels with BFG All terrain (E-rated) tires, I would say 70% left, normal spare (not BFG)
JBA headers, Front and rear 2" receivers, Super Springs helper springs in rear
Sony CD player with Aux and USB ports and bluetooth with external microphone, in bed plug for camper with internal switch that controls a relay to truck battery
185,xxx miles, timing belt was changed at 122k, I had one coil pack burn out about 2k miles ago, so I replaced that and all the plugs then
I just replaced all upper and lower ball joints, tie-rod ends, rear drive shaft u-joint, rear drive shaft carrier bearing, front wheel bearings (timken) and front drive shafts
I put new brake pads front and rear at around 175k miles
New headlights (to replace foggy ones) last year

Camper

2005 Four Wheel Camper Hawk
3 way fridge with freezer, Atwood propane forced air furnace with thermostat, 2 burner propane stove, stainless sink with water pump, 25 gallon fresh water tank, propane water heater, outdoor shower, new door with screen door, mechanical jacks, 110v to 12v inverter with hookup cable (both style plugs for RV parks with long cable), Cobra 12V to 110V inverter, wired for solar with roof plug (no solar panel), fantastic fan roof vent fan with thermostat, auxiliary battery, winter insulation package (not from FWC but Relexair style bubble insulation), Sony CD player (same one as in truck) with 2 polk audio speakers, Extended bed, flip-over style couch in order to make into second bed, blue cushions, privacy curtains, bed line behind couch and part of wall, helper air lifter shocks mounted on outside of roof, one Yakima fork style bike mount with lock mounted to rear of camper, aluminum roof rack made for Yakima Skybox

There was a small leak in the roof on the drivers side rear of the camper that accumulated above the fridge, the folding roof support has minor discoloration but no structural (or material) issue. The caulk around the corner latch developed a crack which allowed water to drip in. I re-caulked the entire roof just to be sure. The tail gate latch on the truck is broken, I will order a new one this week.

I am the second owner of both the truck and the camper. The truck spent most of its life in Southern California where I bought it and I recently brought it to the East Coast where it is now about a year ago. The undercarriage is in great condition with no rust (except for surface rust on the exhaust). The paint is in decent shape while there are some small dents and scratches in it. The windshield has a couple small chips but no cracks. The truck itself gets about 16.5 mpg and about 11 mpg with a fully loaded camper (full gear, food, etc). I bought the camper in Vegas and brought it back to California where I used it for a couple years, then brought it back to NY with the truck. I would say the combo has proved very well in both winter and summer, from Overland Expo, Pacific NW to Montana back country in the winter and of course the California high/low deserts. It is a great setup for a single person, couple or a couple with a small child, although I did a 5 day trip to Overland Expo/Arizona with my brother and father and it was fine. I am embarking on a Journey to Australia in less than two weeks, I do not have to sell it but I believe it would be better for someone else to enjoy it than to sit stagnant for 8 months to a year. I'm asking $18,000 OBO for the package, please email me direct at ifacchini82@gmail.com or call 805-722-5679 for any questions, I will try to get back to as soon as I can. I will be posting current pictures in the next couple days but this is what you're looking at.

DSCF4375.JPG

PA170045.jpg

IMG_20130521_193512_984.jpg

Last edited:

4whtundra

Adventurer
Current Pics

Sorry for the delay, but here are the most recent pictures of the truck/camper. I've been holding off for nicer weather but the snow keeps falling. FYI, the truck/camper is stored inside out of the weather. The rig is located in Sauquoit, NY just outside of Utica, NY.

IMG_2759.jpgIMG_2757.jpgIMG_2762.jpgIMG_2767.jpgIMG_2776.jpgIMG_2772.jpgIMG_2769.jpgIMG_2779.jpgIMG_2786.jpgIMG_2787.jpg

I also have two cushions to extend the bed but I never used them.

4whtundra

Adventurer
I will split the rig up but I can't sell the truck before the camper as I will have no means of getting the camper around. Lowest I will go on the camper is $8500

Thanks.

space

WOW. Anyone would be blessed to steal this rig for this price. This is exactly what I am looking for but I'm still saving up $$$. :( Amazing rig and deal.

4whtundra

Adventurer
Still for sale, if it doesn't go by spring it may be for sale on the west coast by then. Or I may just keep it!

4whtundra

Adventurer
My truck and camper are still for sale, since I have been traveling I haven't been pushing selling it too hard and it's only been for sale on Expo. I'll be back in the states in a couple weeks and the truck/camper will be headed west and will be in Montana by May 1st. If anyone is interested on the west coast or pacific north west please let me know.

intense1

Observer
Do you have any pictures of the inside of the truck? Sounds like a sweet rig! Have you had any problems with the camper extending so far past the sides of the body?

jason77

Adventurer
Are the camper attachment points vehicle specific? For example, would I need different tie-downs or mounts to slap that camper in a shortbed ford superduty? I think I'm very interested in the camper, if it's still around by the time I get back on land around the first of May.

4whtundra

Adventurer
Intense,

I don't have any pictures as of right now but I can put some up when I get home in a couple weeks. The drivers seat has some wear on it and a small hole as I remember. It has tan leather with wood grain dash and tan carpet as well. It is the limited model so has all the bells and whistles. Never had any problems with it sticking out, it only sticks out a little bit, maybe a couple inches at most on either side, you can gauge by the width of the mirrors folded in.

Jason,

It's not vehicle specific, although it probably won't fit in something smaller that my truck like a ranger or something like that. The mounts are super simple, it's basically 4 eye bolts that you bolt into your bed with backing plates, then you use turnbuckles to cinch it down, probably takes 15 minutes to put on your truck and more or less the same to remove it. I'll be in Montana by May and will most likely still have it unless someone buys it from the east coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77