For sale: 2012 Kakadu Camping Bushranger 250/Custom Bear Trailersports Trailgater

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Hi FJRanger. Got a few questions for you:
1. Can you confirm the trailer / tent is still for sale and your current asking price?
2. From the pics, looks like you have to be outside the tent to raise or lower the window coverings. Any ways to do that from inside?
3. There's a separate sun canopy that the sun room walls attach to, correct? Do you have any photos of the tent set up with the canopy up too?

1. Yes, trailer is still for sale. I have been busy and not able to keep up with the thread; I'd need to look at the first post for the "current" asking price. But I was just speaking with my wife about lowering the price to get it sold. We are open to reasonable offers.

2. The outside window covers are more of a storm cover and can be rolled up with the window closed. The screen is permanent and the interior canvas can be opened from the inside.

3. Yes, there's a separate sun canopy with walls. It can be turned into an entire room with a PVC floor. It's can be set up with or without the walls and the floor. We have never stayed long enough in one spot to justify setting the whole room, hence no pictures of ours. I believe the awning, walls and flooring can be seen on the website in the first post. The awning was used once, walls and floor are unused.

NoCOFJ

Thanks, FJRanger. It's a bit tough figuring out at the moment. Kakadu is discounting new 250s as they discontinue that line. We are seriously considering a purchase and yours is in the running, just trying to figure out what makes the most sense.

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Understandable. If it helps I'd be willing to help with delivery, the fam has property near De Beque. Also, a newer cover was just delivered and will be put on when the sale happens.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Wow, that's a ton of space, especially good for those who live in wetter climates and might need to stay inside more often.

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
That could help, FJRanger. Could you give your comparison between your trailer (and its upgrades) and the XT Off Road upgrade Kakadu offers? http://www.kakaducamping.com/products/xt-off-road-trailer-upgrade
Also, there is a spare in your set up? Or just the mount?

Off the top of my head there are two significant differences. First, the is trailer built to accommodate 33-35 inch tires. The second is the water tank with 12 volt pump. There are lots of little things, but those are the main ones.

Regarding the spare, at this very moment there is only the mount. There current wheels/tires are listed in the first post, there is another Maxxis in the bed not mounted, waiting for a wheel. If the buyer want I will include two more 285/55 16s with the sale. They are used, but have more tread then the Maxxis mounted currently. They're Treadrights(a Cooper tire) purchased from another Landcruiser friend here in Socal. They're mounted to 93-94 80 series alloys, I'd have to be convinced...:cool:... to part with the wheels as they were a pain to get find without shipping.

NoCOFJ

Off the top of my head there are two significant differences. First, the is trailer built to accommodate 33-35 inch tires. The second is the water tank with 12 volt pump. There are lots of little things, but those are the main ones.

Regarding the spare, at this very moment there is only the mount. There current wheels/tires are listed in the first post, there is another Maxxis in the bed not mounted, waiting for a wheel. If the buyer want I will include two more 285/55 16s with the sale. They are used, but have more tread then the Maxxis mounted currently. They're Treadrights(a Cooper tire) purchased from another Landcruiser friend here in Socal. They're mounted to 93-94 80 series alloys, I'd have to be convinced...:cool:... to part with the wheels as they were a pain to get find without shipping.
Thanks--I should have figured out the wheel accommodation benefit from your first post. :eek:
I can see why you would want to hang on to wheels - nice!
I'll look to email you at the live dot com address sometime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven