For Sale: Lantern/Torch Hanger

docroh

Observer
By the OD color scheme you guessed these are military. They are aluminum IV poles that clamp down on the 1.5in stretcher bars. I got these with a purchase and immediately knew thier overland purpose. Lantern, solar shower, clothes-lines, etc

These extend out to 36 inches, lock in place and can be clamped down on any branch, bull-bar or piece of tubing less than 2in diameter. Check out he pictures.

Since there isn't a market for lightweight, overengeneered IV poles I figure some of you guys might be interested in this 'off label' use.

$25 +shipping, I am not a dealer but am hustling right now to generate some extra$$ to complete the build on my FZJ80. Several have a metal place, others have a spike clamp--the former worked very well on the wood handled stretchers. Spiked clamp coul be easily modified to be non-marring for tube/racks. PM if interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IVpolemod2.JPG
    IVpolemod2.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Ivpolemod3.JPG
    Ivpolemod3.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 149
  • ivpoles.JPG
    ivpoles.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 242

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Do you think these would hold a 5gal solar shower? They don't look strong enough to do so.

docroh

Observer
No, about 15# max. They are IV poles so are not designed to hold more than about 2liters.

The clamp and main post could certainly handle it--its just the extensions would fail. Sleeved with some real tube it would hold 5 gallons easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven