FOR SALE: RARE 4x4 TOYOTA ODYSSEY WITH A V-6 ENGINE -- NOT YOUR AVERAGE TOYOTA RV!

Price

I talked with the women on the phone for about 20 minutes about the truck..It is very nice as you all can see,but is it worth the asking price....I don't think so,and the reason is if it was a decent deal it would be gone already. It is not a 4x4 sunrader. I just don't think it is priced correctly for todays market. Just my 2 worthless sense.

VikingVince

Explorer
So let me get this straight. Your comparing a 24 thousand dollar vehicle with a several hundred thousand dollar vehicle and you would expect it to perform the same?

I wasn't comparing it...the OP was. I was responding to this comment in the OP:
"It can take you to similar seldom explored locations like where Earthroamers go but without the...price tag."

That is a stretch, to say the least! Sure, you can go down some dirt roads and so can I and so can the Earthroamer. Ever driven the trail to Toroweap...the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? Earthroamers have. Your Odyssey and mine could not make it. Earthroamers can handle cross axle terrain ...ours can't. Earthroamers can do Baja washboard roads at 30-40mph...our cabins and the way they're attached to the frame just aren't constructed for that, etc. etc

FYI...my Odyssey is also 20 ft. It goes down the freeway with plenty of power...mountains are another story. I simply choose to not take it offroad although some dirt roads and packed beach sand wouldn't be a problem. I have another vehicle for those situations!

Last edited:

fly12fire

I don't have an Odyssey. I have Sunraders. Never done the Toroweap but I've done Foresthill rd over the Sierra's to Norden and gone from Upper lake to Stoneyford across the Mendicino National Forest on a very rough dirt road and a couple of rivers. The ranger at Stonyford had a fit. Said he has to go in a couple of times a week to recuse 4x4's. Clearence is definately an issue with an RV but I just go slow, stop and pull rocks out of the road and sometimes fill in ruts. Ya know there was a guy who did Rubikon for a couple years with a 2wd truck. Just used his winch to get by the tough spots. An expedition is what you make it
LS

I wasn't comparing it...the OP was. I was responding to this comment in the OP:
"It can take you to similar seldom explored locations like where Earthroamers go but without the...price tag."

That is a stretch, to say the least! Sure, you can go down some dirt roads and so can I and so can the Earthroamer. Ever driven the trail to Toroweap...the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? Earthroamers have. Your Odyssey and mine could not make it. Earthroamers can handle cross axle terrain ...ours can't. Earthroamers can do Baja washboard roads at 30-40mph...our cabins and the way they're attached to the frame just aren't constructed for that, etc. etc

FYI...my Odyssey is also 20 ft. It goes down the freeway with plenty of power...mountains are another story. I simply choose to not take it offroad although some dirt roads and packed beach sand wouldn't be a problem. I have another vehicle for those situations!

alaskacreeker

Yep, I bought this RV from her. Turns out the head gasket was already about to go (my engine coolant was rusted and black/mixing with oil when I got back to Alaska) and the vehicle had very bad water damage inside the walls (still does, already ripped out the overcab walls, now I have to rip out the entire side walls of the whole coach). The damage was covered up with new wall paper, so I couldn't notice how bad it truly was. Be careful whenever you go to buy from somebody and make sure to have the engine checked and research/check out the structural integrity... I wish I would have as I definitely paid far beyond fair market value.

But, it's my home and I wouldn't have it any other way at this point!

Timmy
www.timmystoyota.blogspot.com

Pretty sure thats the right guy.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...time-living-in-Alaska!?highlight=timmystoyota.

He repeats what the original seller stated in their ad,"only six of these in the USA".
I wonder what it sold for.

Keyne

Adventurer
Timmy,

Pretty inspiring blog. Too bad your purchase wasn't as great as you originally thought, but it looks like you have a great attitude and sense of humor (love the bumper sticker and license plate). Most importantly you are out there doing what you want and seem to be having a great time. It may not be perfect but its perfectly yours... if you waited to save up for an Earthroamer it may never have happened. Good luck and have fun.

Best

K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater