For Sale The Original Adventure Trailers Prototype Teardrop

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The original AT Teardrop prototype is up for sale. This Teardrop was built for the first Overland Expo held in Prescott Arizona in 2009.

DSC_0329.jpg

The unit is well equipped with a nose box, full kitchen, 19 gallon water tank, LED lighting package, roof rack, 1.8 meter Fiamma awning, Engel 45 fridge, stereo system, group 31 AGM battery, battery charger, fuel can package, max coupler and electric brakes. Currently running BFG MT 35/12.5/17 on AEV wheels, 5 on 5.

DSC_0303.jpg

The interior of the main cabin has been well maintained, and the exterior has no damage and shows normal wear.

DSC_0265.jpg

AT is currently going over the whole trailer to make sure it is all in great condition for the new owner. The body is off the chassis and we are upgrading the prototype chassis to better match the production unit chassis.

DSC_0039.jpg

The current suspension is TAAS 2, an air bag with a shock running through the center of it. While the body is off this would be a great opportunity for a buyer to upgrade to the TAAS 4 suspension that we currently run. To adapt the current chassis and trailing arms would add $900.00 to the selling price.

DSC_0008.jpg

At current pricing this Teardrop would cost $24,250.00, this unit is being offered at $12,500.00, It’s the chance to own a trailer with some history.

We would be happy to answer any of your questions on this Teardrop. You can contact us directly, or via this thread or PM.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've been in that trailer; it's NICE.

What happened to Kenny & Rachel, Martyn? I haven't talked to him in a few months.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Wow, this is the exact trailer that caused me to fall in love with off-road tear drops. PM sent.

fishead

Observer
Bed dimensions?

Hello, can you post the dimensions of the bed-width, length and mattress thickness? I'm 6'4" and have some back issues so this info is absolutely necessary. Thanks.

fireball

Explorer
Fish - the inside dimensions are 48"x76". I was seriously considering this but the cabin space is just a bit too small for our needs.

esandhu

Specs page on the AT website shows the mattress dimensions at 53" x 77". Have the dimensions of the AT tear drop changed since 2009?

Martyn

Specs page on the AT website shows the mattress dimensions at 53" x 77". Have the dimensions of the AT tear drop changed since 2009?

This unit was a Proto-type so it is unique in many aspects. The outside width is 48" and I think the inside cabin is 79"

It was build on a one off chassis that is shorter and narrower than the production models, consequently it's the most capable off-road Teardrop on the trail.

Martyn

Currently we have six active parties interested in the Teardrop. I am working with each party in the order I heard from them. I am expecting the trailer to be held by a deposit in the next few days, with the final sale with a couple of weeks.

If you wish to be added to the list of interested parties contact me via e mail with any questions you have and I'll get back to you. martyn at adventuretrailers dot com

Martyn

The Teardrop is under deposit. I will keep you posted as we move forward with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven