For Sale: Wildernest and Rockymounts Roof Rack (Boulder)

quincytrout

I've finally saved up enough for a used FWC, so I'm selling off my current set-up to help pay for it. All mounted on 3rd gen Tacoma access cab. I bought the Wildernest on here a few seasons ago, I don't want to let this thing go but I just don't have a good system (enough roomates) to lift it on and off, so it's really inconvenient to use with a work truck. I've also gotta get rid of the roof rack system as well, the new camper won't fit with it. We've climbed from here to British Columbia and back in this set-up, it's cheap and lightweight and way more comfortable than living out of a topper! I'm just hoping to find it a good new home for more adventures.

Wildernest - $1000
- Original Lowe Alpine model
- Minor rusting on one of the front coil springs, from a leak on one of the latches
- Minor exterior fiberglass damage, sealed with silicone since I don't know how to fiberglass
- Lock replaced in 2018
- Main tent support rods replaced in 2018

Work done by me:
- Bulb resealed
- Outer canvas re-sealed with 3M Waterproofing,
- All seams resealed outside and inside
- Inner canvas scrubbed like 1000x with ReviveX (still has a bit of the old tent smell)

Comes with:
- interior storage system, built by original owner, mounts to inside of window
- exterior telescopic support poles for under sleeping area
- ~4" memory foam Full mattress with sheets
- Original instruction manual / papers etc

Rocky Mounts Roof Rack System - $800
Includes:
- Thule 54" Aeroblade bars (the quiet ones)
- Thule Towers w/ attachments (see picture for how they attach)
- Rockymounts Cargo Rack
- Cargo rack netting
- Some minor rust spots, and one of the end caps on the bars is missing.
- Easy to install, but you can pay Rockymounts in boulder like $50 to do it for you if you want.

I'm located near Boulder, up Coal Creek Canyon. The Wildernest is currently sitting on a platform outside, so if you'd like to come see it, you will have to be able to mount it on your truck to check out how it opens, condition of the inside- so please bring a friend or two, or schedule with me when some roommates are home to help lift! I have random weekdays free, but mostly weekends.

Attachments

• dillon.jpg
    dillon.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 215
  • elevenmile.jpg
    elevenmile.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 205
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 205
  • new outside.jpg
    new outside.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Roof racfk.jpg
    Roof racfk.jpg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 219
  • roof rack detail.jpg
    roof rack detail.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
  • serial number.jpg
    serial number.jpg
    990.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Dustycassidy

Do you still have the Wildernest? If so I'm interested. If you have any more pics, particularly details of the damage I'd love to see them

Dusty

quincytrout

Hey dusty, yup it’s still available. I just left town till the 26th, but I can have someone take pics of the fiberglass nicks and the coil, I’ll post em here.

Dustycassidy

Hey dusty, yup it’s still available. I just left town till the 26th, but I can have someone take pics of the fiberglass nicks and the coil, I’ll post em here.

Thanks, I'm out of state untIL November so I won't be able to look at it until then, but it sounds like that lines up with your schedule well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad