Ford Expedition as an "Expedition" Vehicle?

DesertRoads

I had a '99 Expedition and found it to be VERY heavy off road. But when we owned it, we lived in the high rockies of the Colorado mountains. So I don't know if it was the weight of the vehicle, the higher altitude (our house was at 12,000ft above sea level), or a combination of both.

RoyJ

Adventurer
I had a '99 Expedition and found it to be VERY heavy off road. But when we owned it, we lived in the high rockies of the Colorado mountains. So I don't know if it was the weight of the vehicle, the higher altitude (our house was at 12,000ft above sea level), or a combination of both.

A sign of changing times - a first gen Expedition, while no light weight, is light by today's standards for its size.

A 5.4 with 4x4 weighed 5500 lbs. LR3/4s, RRS, RR, first gen Cayenne / Touareg, G-wagen, LC100/200, and modern Expedition / Tahoe are all heavier. X5 / ML / Q7 (sports cars of SUVs) are all very close, and so is a Grand Cherokee.

ExplorerTom

Explorer
I know this is an old thread but.......

If you plan on sticking to travel in North America, finding replacement parts in the only part store in the small town in the middle of no where: which would you rather be asking for? And if it was a 1st gen, it's based on the best selling vehicle in the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk