Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

taylosha

hjteWdt.jpg

RHlWrgN.jpg

8f0s2cN.jpg

Rosco862003

Adventurer
Replaced my 2000 Lexus LX470 with this 2017 F150, and absolutely adore the truck. My approach with this one is keeping the more aesthetic “overland“ mods to a minimum and use the mistakes I made with the LX to govern the direction I take with the Fiddy. It has the Coyote, 3.31 gears, 36 gallon tank and rear locker. Filling up to see 700+ miles of range is nothing short of amazing to me and being able to obtain 20+ mpg on the highway is phenomenal given the power on tap. The plan is to just tent camp and keep things minimal, though I did ”modify‘ the tool box with plugs so that I can run a 1000W inverter setup I made with a pack out system. Pack out box sits in the tool box when I need it, and is easy to take out when I need the space. Given a trip into the WNC woods last weekend, aggressive tires (stock size), sliders and skid plating. That will honestly round out most of the modifications I make to the vehicle, as my hope is to actually focus on using it to get to places.

Attachments

• IMG_8230.jpeg
    IMG_8230.jpeg
    783.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8332.jpeg
    IMG_8332.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
What's the biggest difference you notice? I'd love a tremor but financing is tough right now.
I'm curious to hear as well. My last truck was a 2005 6.0 f-250, and other than it trying to bankrupt me every 3 months, and lack of android auto, I liked it better than my current 2016 f-150. Before I added bilstein 5100's to my new truck, I felt like it wallowed around every corner and felt like an old crown vic on bumps. The f-250 just felt more "trucky", but in a good way. Not fragile.

One thing to note too, I was getting 18mpg's with the stock sized goodyears (3.5, 3.55, 6-speed, 275/65r18's), now getting 15 with my new cooper ST maxx 295/70r18's. Even with that, I love them.

dustinbriq

What's the biggest difference you notice? I'd love a tremor but financing is tough right now.
The most significant improvements are power, fuel economy, no rear suspension upgrades/mods needed to handle my Four Wheel Camper and tow my boat, as well as the creature comforts of car play, etc. I agree with givemethewillys that the 6.0 felt more 'trucky', but the Tremor is a lot more comfortable to drive, especially on certain areas of highway near me where the 6.0 would get a significant shake/vibration that made it difficult to talk to passengers. Also, the bed plate leak on the 6.0 that was going to cost $8k-$10k to fix played a factor in looking for a newer truck.

B^2

Observer
The most significant improvements are power, fuel economy, no rear suspension upgrades/mods needed to handle my Four Wheel Camper and tow my boat, as well as the creature comforts of car play, etc. I agree with givemethewillys that the 6.0 felt more 'trucky', but the Tremor is a lot more comfortable to drive, especially on certain areas of highway near me where the 6.0 would get a significant shake/vibration that made it difficult to talk to passengers. Also, the bed plate leak on the 6.0 that was going to cost $8k-$10k to fix played a factor in looking for a newer truck.

I go back and forth between wanting a new f-150 bs a f-250 tremor. Wouldn’t be towing hardly at all but the ability to add a camper like a Lance is attractive. With two kids and a dog, I’m not sure a fwc would be enough room.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I go back and forth between wanting a new f-150 bs a f-250 tremor. Wouldn’t be towing hardly at all but the ability to add a camper like a Lance is attractive. With two kids and a dog, I’m not sure a fwc would be enough room.
I'd skip the F250 and just go to the F350. Same size / foot print / fuel 'economy'. Especially if considering a hard wall camper like a Lance.

For us we found a half ton truck with a 21' trailer (with single bunks) was a good fit for 2 adults, 2 to 3 kids and a dog.

Your mileage may vary..... Also think about now and how it will work for future use. Case in point:

Our kids are now older / grown up so, the single bunks are a tight fit. So thinking about a trailer with double bunks now.

OVRLNDFX4

Thanks much! I need to upload a more recent picture of the roof rack completed. I will after I return home from some traveling.

Very nice! I have a project M camper on my 19 F150. Love it! custom built the interior of the camper to suit our needs. Love the weight and massive living space of the FWC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach