Four Wheel Camper (Hawk) for a family of 4?

taverre

Thank you for the detailed description of how you arrange the sleeping arrangements. I am wondering what stackable cots would be like above the couch. It would enable one sleeper on the couch, one on a middle cot and one on the top cot, hopefully leaving a path for the adults to get in the queen bed after the kids are sleeping.

I'm also starting to think that a SMB or. Road trek would be a more comfortable way to travel than a four door truck, which is what I'm looking at with a family of five.

Anyone have been inside both and can say which was roomier and more comfortable?

LuckyDan

Adventurer
I can't comment on a Sportmobile but the Toadtrek is pretty cushy inside appointment wise. Room wise it's still pretty much a van. I'm no expert but I think the Roadtrek can/could be had in different configurations some more van like, some more camper like. What I've never seen is one that had the ability to go on anything other than paved or graded roads though as stated above I'm no expert. I know they are available on a MB Sprinter Chassis which should give you a little more room. I'd guess they've done the Sprinter long enough that a few may show up on the used market.

Best of luck with your decision...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3