Fox Shox Prototypes for the 80 Series

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Hey everyone, Back from our CalZona Overland Expedition and it looks as if we may have blown up the rears after 857 continuous off road miles with heavy weight and towing a off road trailer. We'll see upon further inspection. The back is as soft as a caddy right now and i can push the rig down with my knee on the bumper. No bueno.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Got a chance to get under the rig and it looks as if we yanked the top off one of the shocks. Possibly using them as a limiting strap. Im sending the rears back to Fox for evaluation.

Kurt, No sagging of the OME Super Heavy 864's or at least i can tell.

sethro80

Adventurer
Got a chance to get under the rig and it looks as if we yanked the top off one of the shocks. Possibly using them as a limiting strap. Im sending the rears back to Fox for evaluation.

I would say the limiting strap thing pulled the mount off. Mine have held up to heavy use including a high speed trip down to Baja for 2 years now. Major improvement.

Sethro

Dgurley2000

Adventurer

Dave - are you aware of an 868 OME rear spring? Has about a 10% stiffer spring rate. Did you ever look at these? I'm considering them as I'm out of spec on the 864s and was considering a 30mm spacer.

I know the Fox deal fell through - do you know if they will be offering the steering dampener and is it tailored to heavier loads?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...Kurt, No sagging of the OME Super Heavy 864's or at least i can tell.

Good to hear!

Dave - are you aware of an 868 OME rear spring? Has about a 10% stiffer spring rate. Did you ever look at these? I'm considering them as I'm out of spec on the 864s and was considering a 30mm spacer.

For anyone pondering, the spring specs are here:
http://cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_OME_coils.html

As noted the 868's are the true heavy++ for the 80/100. I've got a few customers running them with superb results and have sold some to the armor car companies too :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3