Free shipping on tools???

Billinsd

Observer
I want a Crescent 17mm combination ratcheting wrench. I'd like to buy it for less than $17.00 out the door. I can't find any in San Diego hardware stores, like Home Depot, etc. I looked on line and found some, but the shipping is high and/ or the min order is $25. Anyone know of a place that would carry this tool and not charge much for shipping? Thanks Bill

Billinsd

Observer
Thanks. Craftsman does not make the cheaper plain 17mm combo ratchet, they only make the more expensive "polished" 17, and the "reverseable" ratchet 17 and I didn't want them because they are $25. I bought a Crescent tool set at Costco for my truck, but it did not come with a 17mm combo ratchet, which I want. I believe Craftsman are better and I love being able to walk into a Sears and exchange a broken tool on the spot without a receipt and without any hassles. I can find the Crescent 17 online for as little as $13, but the shipping is over $10. I ended ordering a Crescent 17mm ratchet at Tool Up in San Diego for $17 without having to pay for shipping. So, I saved $7 or so bucks over the Craftsman and got a good combo wrench.

Thanks Bill

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333