FS: 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62

photo2.jpgLocation: Dixon, CA
IMG_4574.jpgIMG_4713.jpgIMG_4487.jpg

***SOLD***
Hello,

I am selling my 88 Cruiser. It has been a great truck for me and I have spent a great deal of time and $$ building her. Perhaps there is a member who is looking for a turn key truck that can tackle nearly anything out there.

Truck:
1988 Land Cruiser. Approx 170,000 miles on body, rust repaired and replaced with new steel and new PPG 8N blue paint (light pinstriping from trail brush but will be getting detailed and hopefully it buffs out!)
Rear 1/4 panels trimmed up and capped.
Rear 4x4 labs bumper/rock sliders/Gobi Stealth roof rack/front ARB new gen bumper with 12K super winch Talon winch
JW speaker LED lights for low beams (these are very $$ but remarkable and rival HID) You will not have issues seeing at night and will NOT blind oncoming traffic.
Aurora LED lower light bar mounted under frame for FOG light. Aurora new GEN 400W 40" light bar mounted on Gobi Rack. Two 10w Alley lights for left and right lighting. One high powered LED for reverse wired independent.

Brand new ARB dual high output compressor under hood. Operated front air locker and is plumbed into front bumper with QD for airing up tires/air tools etc...

Drivetrain:
2008 Chevy 5.3 vortec out of a truck or avalanche(throttle by wire). Engine has approx 20,000 miles. Transmission 4l65E with transgo reprogram and HD servo, external fan controlled cooler.
Aluminum radiator with Ford contour electric fans
T case: Stock split case rebuilt and with Advance adapters 4.0 gear set (yields a slightly higher cruising rpm with deep crawling gearing off road, awesome combo) Custom flat skid plate.

Front axle:
Stock 88 housing, cut and turned by MUDRAK custom cruisers of Sonoma for Spring over conversation/ fully rebuilt and serviced. Full longfield Chromoly axle shafts. Brand new JT front differential assembly with 5.29 gears and TJM pro locker (more reliable than ARB in my opinion)

Marlin Crawler high Steer with ARP high strengh steering studs

Rear Axle: Factory housing with new Marlin Crawler built 5.29 gearing and Yukon Grizzly locker, good driveability on road and always works.

Suspension:
Custom Spring over axle by MUDRAK Custom Cruisers with full receipts (over 8K) all done within the past year. Front springs custom tunes OME with Bilstein 7100 remote res shocks
Rear Springs are Chevy 2500 series 1 ton leaf pack (very strong yet compliant) with bilstein 7100 shocks.
CUstom Airt over leaf airbag system to level truck when fully loaded for a trip...this has been one of the greatest and simplest mods ever and will do this to all my trucks from now on) On board air compressor for bags and switches in cab with gauge to adjust on the fly.

Tires:
Newest Goodyear MTR/Kevlar 37" 12.50 R17 on 17" steel wheels with 2.5bs. Tires have aprox 10k miles, new spare on back.

Interior:
ICE cold A/c and good heater. Scangage to monitor vitals in real time, accurate speedometer (dead on with gearing).
New leather seating with no rips or tears or sun damage. Lots of sound dampening installed in doors and floor to help with road noise. The Magnaflow muffler is a little too loud for my taste but that is up to the driver.
JVC stereo with mic and blu tooth

Viper alarm with remote vehicle GPS tracking and unlock lock/alert (will notify your iPhone if your alarm goes off or vehicle moves etc anywhere in the world you have reception)

Tuffy center locking console

Rotopax first aid kit with tire gauges and accessories bolted to back seat for easy access.

Full SPOD switch setup for L/R alley lights/Zombie Lights/FOG/Trans cooler fan/Backup lights

ARB outback drawer system with slider drawers on each side.

Wagon Gear tailgate storage hatch for tools spares etc...

The bad:

New paint but Signal Peak trail left some lite pin striping on the truck...Truck has been buffed and waxed and paint looks fantastic.

Slight steering wobble at 39-40mph that is not always there...it is very slight. Recent alignment and tire balance completed....balancing bags installed and still waiting for them to break open to help. All steering components are new with the exception of factory toyota gear box.

Stereo does not have antenna installed ( I use pandora anyway or iTunes)

Gear whine. The advance adapters low range gear set does create a whine while driving, it has reduced over time but it is there and you can hear it while driving. I am quite used to it but to some this may drive them insane. It is not terrible by any means but it is something you should know about as this is not a small investment.

NOT CA smog legal. The truck has the full evap system installed and functional, all o2 sensors installed, no codes or Check engine Lights. I am moving to Oregon so it is registered in Oregon so smog has never been an issue for me.

The good:

Very reliable. Never left me stranded. Drives straight and brakes very well (4Runner brake booster).

Nothing rubs on the trail at full articulation and is quite the beast off road. The very low gearing helps you crawl without much throttle input.

Shifts crisp and with authority, you WILL notice you have a full time locker in the rear but it is much more street friendly than I imagined.

The truck has PLENTY of power and has full provisions to tow a trailer (7 pin installed with Prodigy p-2 brake controller).

I am averaging a true 13.5MPG and approx 14-16 hwy MPG.

No oil leaks with the exception of a slight weap out of rear t case flange.

Oh, and you will NEVER again be able to get gas or stop anywhere without someone wanting to talk to you about the truck.

Most everything is new on this truck and I have spent untold amounts of money getting her where she is.

Asking $16000 All reasonable offers considered but this is pretty much my bottom dollar amount. Worst I can say is no thanks!

***SOLD***

Last edited:
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_4912.jpg
    IMG_4912.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_4913.jpg
    IMG_4913.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_4914.jpg
    IMG_4914.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_4915.jpg
    IMG_4915.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 474
Few more pics after body work and paint/eng

Attachments

• 1308kevinsv8.jpg
    1308kevinsv8.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 326
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 360
  • p1040073m.jpg
    p1040073m.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 338

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
Looks great. Good luck with the sale!

Do you have any more pics of the drawer system? I've been thinking about different drawer options for my 60. Would love to hear any feedback you have on those drawers.

I had some pics of the drawers when I installed them but am having trouble finding them at the moment.

I purchased through Sierra Expeditions and he set me up with a kit from one of the Wranglers I believe. At the time there was no " fit kit" for the 60 series. There is about a 1/4" gap between the edges of the rear trim and it looks quite factory.

The drawers are awesome and extremely well built. I keep all of my lighting/tools/spares/recovery gear in them and it keeps things well organized. The sliding trays come in very handy. They are spendy but worth it if you are a fanatic about organization as I am. They are also galvanized so I don't see rust ever being an issue.

I did not bolt mine through the flooring and frame. I used the existing tie down points that the factory had and it is quite robust this way. I m also able to remove the drawers in a few min if I ever need to access my fuel sending unit or fuel pickup (fuel pump is mounted on frame rail)

Truck is getting detailed on Thursday.....

Have had some interest the past few days

Someone will be getting one heck of a truck, still for sale :)

Attachments

• IMG_4704.jpg
    IMG_4704.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_4595.jpg
    IMG_4595.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 307

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner