FS: 1998 Ford F-150 4WD Fredericksburg, TX

nrode2000

I am selling my long time baby. I have had this truck since Jan. 2003 but since I got my Xterra in Feb 2012 I don't get to use my truck much anymore. I feel bad just letting it sit and only driving it one day a week so I figure maybe someone here can make a proper expo vehicle from her. I would love to build her up but I just don' have the time or funds and getting married is going to drop that even further though the future wife loves this truck and wants to keep it. This has been a very good truck to me. I have always done all the maintenance myself or with the help of my cousin (Ford certified mechanic). Oil has been changed every 3000 miles with Motorcraft oil and filters.

1998 Super cab F-150 4WD
218xxx miles (just put 50 on today)
5.4L V8
Sterling 9.75" rear diff (factory)
A4EOD transmission (factory)
full replacement grill guard
Yokohama Geolander ATs with fair thread left

In Nov. 2011 I did a full front end rebuild using all Motorcraft or AC Delco parts. This included:
tie rod ends
idler arm
upper control arms
lower ball joints
sway bar links
alignment

also did:
Motorcraft spark plugs
Rancho RS5000 shocks all four corners
Transmission service with new filter and 14 qts Motorcraft Mercon V
new Motorcraft rear brake drums and Napa Gold (made in USA) brake shoes
Motorcraft front brake pads
brake system fluid flush
fresh Motorcraft fuel filter (changed about every 10-15k)

Other things in the past few years are:
new Motorcraft a/c compressor and orifice (a/c blows very cold, puts my new Xterra to shame)
complete Motorcraft battery cable harness when I installed the Optima yellow top
U-joints (have vibration in drivetrain at 40MPH and probably need replaced again)
rear pinion seal and rear diff fluid change (again all Motorcraft)
driver side window motor replaced with new Motorcraft unit

Things of note:
headliner needs some help
vibration in drivetrain at 40MPH as noted above (probably u-joints)
brakes work well but I have a feeling the rubber lines are starting to stretch and would replace
carpet needs a very deep cleaning but seats and dash are covered with Cover King seat covers and Cover King carpet dash mat
Right side exhaust manifold has a broken stud on cylinder 8. It does not affect anything but the gasket clatters when cold until the manifold gets hot and fully seals. Should not be a big deal to repair (although may need a manifold if this one is warped). I just never got around to it.
rear seat has been removed for more room for camping gear etc. still have the seat though.

If anyone has specific questions please ask.
Located in Fredericksburg, TX
Asking $5000

photo-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner