FS: 2017 Turtleback Expedition Trailer (AZ)

1Louder

Explorer
Sold Pending Funds

31636711536_41db30f1e7_b.jpg

31246448663_1143444093_b.jpg

30832446664_b106978084_b.jpg

33922245620_43e4171024_b.jpg

33922229860_ae40ccab05_b.jpg

Last edited:

Stryder106

Explorer
Hi - nice setup. I am not interested in buying it, but would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind, about some of your gear.
//
1) I'm in the market for a RTT. I was going to buy a Howling Moon but getting one seems to be an issue (been waiting since early March) and am now looking at Eezi-Awn. But, I really wanted the open sky roof. How have you found the quality on the 23 Zero RTT?
//
2) The Stove and Propane tanks (assuming that's what those are for). I currently use a 3 burner Coleman White Fuel stove, but have been considering changing to a 2 burner propane. 1) How big is that propane tank on your trailer? And, from your trips, how much propane did you consume?
//
I have absolutely zero experience with either of those, so any advice you can provide would be appreciated. Good luck with the sell and the new house.

1Louder

Explorer
Hi - nice setup. I am not interested in buying it, but would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind, about some of your gear.
//
1) I'm in the market for a RTT. I was going to buy a Howling Moon but getting one seems to be an issue (been waiting since early March) and am now looking at Eezi-Awn. But, I really wanted the open sky roof. How have you found the quality on the 23 Zero RTT?
//
2) The Stove and Propane tanks (assuming that's what those are for). I currently use a 3 burner Coleman White Fuel stove, but have been considering changing to a 2 burner propane. 1) How big is that propane tank on your trailer? And, from your trips, how much propane did you consume?
//
I have absolutely zero experience with either of those, so any advice you can provide would be appreciated. Good luck with the sell and the new house.

23 Zero is a nice tent. The annex material is lighter than the main tent so it is much easier to zip in solo. The doors are also huge. I leave the rainfly and rainfly poles off so I can use the stargazer windows unless bad weather is around. I have no experience with those other brands.

11lb tank for kitchen, 5lb tank for a grill or heater. 5lbs will last you a very long time for cooking. Like weeks. Running a heater or campfire in a can you could kill it in one night.

Stryder106

Explorer
23 Zero is a nice tent. The annex material is lighter than the main tent so it is much easier to zip in solo. The doors are also huge. I leave the rainfly and rainfly poles off so I can use the stargazer windows unless bad weather is around. I have no experience with those other brands.

11lb tank for kitchen, 5lb tank for a grill or heater. 5lbs will last you a very long time for cooking. Like weeks. Running a heater or campfire in a can you could kill it in one night.

Thanks - that helps me. Appreciated.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Nice trailerfor a fair price. Does the front compartment just forward of the axles have a place for a fridge? or is that just a large storage area? How far back does it go? GLWS

1Louder

Explorer
Nice trailerfor a fair price. Does the front compartment just forward of the axles have a place for a fridge? or is that just a large storage area? How far back does it go? GLWS

You could put a slider in but I don't recommend it. Have people done it? Yes, but that is a well sealed compartment which makes the fridge exchange hot air all the time and you lose valuable storage space. I like my fridge in my vehicle. I don't have exact dimensions of the top of my head. The water tank is right behind there though.

postman_92626

i live in Scottsdale and thinking of getting a trailer to go with my 4 runner. I don't know much about turtlebacks, but I can read up. I was thinking AT overland but I can compare the two

Sounds like it is still available.

1Louder

Explorer
One of the best purpose built trailers in the business. If the AT Overland is a tub style trailer I am not a fan of them. Not ergonomic for lifting cargo in and out. Like you said they are pretty easy to compare. I would say the kitchen is far superior, water storage, hot water heater, stove on the Turtleback. There are a lot of different trailer types out there and one just has to decide what is best for them. Lots of happy Turtleback owners out there including me. My circumstances have changed. At least for the time being and that's why I am selling. It has nothing to do with any dissatisfaction with the trailer. PM me if you have further questions.

Thanks

mijel94

This sounds like a great deal, I am on the east coast and would have to get it here somehow...but i am very interested.

uSHIP

This sounds like a great deal, I am on the east coast and would have to get it here somehow...but i am very interested.
I bought my trailer from a guy in Phoenix. I went there in person to close the deal (cash, bill of sale, title) and my driver that I hired from uSHIP was there to immediately load it up on his truck and drive it to Atlanta.
Shipping went flawlessly! The guy I hired for the shipping was great, he arrived early on the pick up and delivery end, and he was very helpful! The price was negotiated and reasonable.

1Louder

Explorer
I bought my trailer from a guy in Phoenix. I went there in person to close the deal (cash, bill of sale, title) and my driver that I hired from uSHIP was there to immediately load it up on his truck and drive it to Atlanta.
Shipping went flawlessly! The guy I hired for the shipping was great, he arrived early on the pick up and delivery end, and he was very helpful! The price was negotiated and reasonable.

Thanks for posting up your tip. That should certainly help an out of state buyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3