FS: '81 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler, original cond, low miles in Calif.

billy bee

Adventurer
I hate to do this but my Jeep must go. Mostly unmolested example of a rare vehicle. No rust but for some scale in the footwell where the paint was scratched off. Has carpet, flip-down rear seat, hi-back buckets. Otherwise, original.

Purty, huh?
194422396_X9iNT-M.jpg

And functional...
480965571_RH2ne-M.jpg

480959050_yQnjx-M.jpg

481128186_xSq8g-M.jpg

More current pictures to come. Meanwhile, you can see some older pictures here: http://billybee.smugmug.com/Cars/Scrambler/3459391_BtkjJ#194422329

Comes with half cab, bulkhead, original steel and Bestop canvas half doors (pictured). Also have Bestop full soft top with tinted windows. New in box. Will include with full-price offer.

Odometer shows 49k but it stopped working about two years ago. I have been tracking miles with a gps and estimate total actual miles to be less than 60k.

Asking $11,900. Anxious to sell but no so anxious as to try eBay. PM me with your email address or phone # and I'll drop you a line.

Would consider trade for Tundra 4x4 AC with Flip Pac or partial trade for Flip Pac that fits short-bed Tundra.

Thanks for looking,
bb

Last edited:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Beautiful! It should move quickly with the condition and asking price... very reasonable.

6 cyl...AC?

WxMan

Adventurer
Wow, I wish I could take that off your hands. Good luck with the sale. I hope the new owner takes as good care of it as you have.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I want to buy this Scrambler just to make my buddies jealous. Wholy smokes thats a beauty. I've oogled it ever since i saw you post here.

SCRover

Adventurer
Lovely example! Just passed on the link to my wife for her viewing pleasure. Have always wanted a Scrambler...

billy bee

Adventurer
Brilliant tactic. Get her to think it's her idea. My wife wised up to that one after about my 8th motorcycle and 4th car...

Seriously, thanks for looking. This may be the most fun vehicle I've ever owned.

bb

Lovely example! Just passed on the link to my wife for her viewing pleasure. Have always wanted a Scrambler...

SCRover

Adventurer
Brilliant tactic. Get her to think it's her idea. My wife wised up to that one after about my 8th motorcycle and 4th car...

Seriously, thanks for looking. This may be the most fun vehicle I've ever owned.

bb

The odds are stacked against me, BB. Been down this road before... too many times. But, then again, I'm an eternal optimist. :ylsmoke:

photoman

Explorer
I wish I could help out. Have always loved the Scrambler and will own one some day. Just not anytime soon.

Best of luck on selling a very nice looking Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater