FS: CBI Tire Carrier, Phoenix Area

pearlj10

I purchased this in April 2011 and it has been lightly used since on my 4th Gen 4Runner. I finally got the $$$ for a CBI rear bumper so the tire carrier is up for sale. Carrier includes pass through receiver hitch, license plate and light mount, and back-up light kit. This was a custom job that was tweaked to pull tire as close to vehicle as possible and to add a mount for your 10 lb CO2 tank (see pictures). Mount for CO2 tank is included, my ultimate air CO2 bracket is not. Fits any vehicle with standard 2" hitch.

Paid $450, asking $300 obo. Prefer local sale in AZ but will consider shipping to CON US. I believe that CBI charged me $50 to ship from Idaho to Arizona, so shipping is not too outrageous on this item.

Thanks!

Attachments

• TC1.jpg
    TC1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 4,731
  • TC2.jpg
    TC2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,638
  • TC3.jpg
    TC3.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 7,792

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
I have a hitch-mounted spare tire carrier similar to this one, but not as cool as this! I like the idea of the c02 mount a lot. This should go pretty fast! Good luck!

Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg
very interested in your tire carrier

Hello - I am vey interested in your tire carrier. Could you please get me shipping to Philadelphia, PA 19144 and send me some pics of it from the rear of the vehicle. I am thinking of putting on my Tacoma. I will send you a PM with my contact info.

Thanks,
Jeff

pearlj10

It's very solid - CBI has excellent reviews on this product on the Jeep and Toyota forums. I run a 34" tire so I don't see why a 35" wouldn't work fine. If I recall correctly, CBI used to claim that you could run larger than 35" on their carrier. That large of a tire will partially obscure their license mount though (upper 1" or so).

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Man, I want this - but there's too much of a chance of interference on my van's dutch doors if the tire doesn't drop far enough. Somebody pick this thing up!

pearlj10

Probably won't clear tailgate on pickup. I measured a Chevy silverado and it was short of clearing by about 3".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk