FS: in Charlotte NC area 1997 Toyota Land Crusier 40th Aniversary w/factory lockers

fullybalanced

Too many plans, not enough time
back up for sale. Lower price $13000!

97 40th Anniversary Antique Sage Pearl (color only available on 40th Ann) and yes it does have factory e-lockers!

I don't know where to start with upgrades:
Arb front bumper
Slee add on to protect air drier
Slee locker protector
Iron pig transfer and trans skid plate
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
Ironman 2 1/2 lift springs
Bilstein shocks matched to lift
Slee speedo/transmission gear to match 33 in tires
Goodyear Duratracs (5)
Metaltech sliders
Piaa fogs
Dual optima batteries
Slee windsheild washer fluid relocator
Slee battery moniter
Toyota factory 91-92 passenger battery holder
Blue Sea battery isolator/switcher
Slee direct wire headlight harness
Schumbeger 800 watt inverter wired in the back
7-pin mod with factory switch wired
Cobra cb
Firestick antenna
Jdm passenger dash grab bar
Oem driverside over head grab bar
Kenwood HD radio
Pioneer speakers
Alpine sub amp
Pioneer 8" sub (factory location)
Blue engine fan upgrade with higher weight oil
TEQ oil cap
Custom drawer in the back
Husky mats 3 rows
.... I'm sure there's more but....

Mechanically perfect - I had the engine pulled and every gasket/seal replaced while the smog system was being worked on (ended being a stopped up hose!) most of the smog crap was replaced too.... New starter and power steering pump. Only Redline fluids used in Transmission and Transfer Case and Differentials, factory Toyota red coolant and Shell 5w40 Rotella oil every 5k. 210k on the clock and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to Alaska tomorrow. Should be good for another 150k. Southern car with no rust - previous owner was local and I bought it with 170k. Its been fluid/filter baselined twice. Once at 170k and again at 200k

Everything operates as it should

And for the bad:
-Small crack in the windshield (never wanted to replace as replacement seems to cause more problems than its worth)
-Small crack in drivers seat the leather is in very good shape given the age - better than anything I've seen with 150k+ miles
-Airbag light is on. But it happened when I changed the battery (known failure mode when using a 9V battery to try to keep all of your computer settings while changing the 12V battery)
-I just waxed it (for the last time). The paint on the hood and roof is still ok but starting to look its age. I wax it twice a year but it stays outside. I'm anal retentive. The paint is really not that bad but it's not perfect.
-a couple of small dents from a hail storm a couple of years ago.

Why am I selling? I've got a new job and work long hours/weekends. I don't have time to play with it like I want so, got to go.

I've bought and built two previous trucks one 1984 Land Cruiser FJ60 and on 2002 Range Rover. Both were sold at premiums and both customers flew into Charlotte and drove them to FL to ship overseas (LC went to the Amazon and the RR went to Haiti). Both were VERY pleased at the price they paid. They thought it was an excellent value, even at the high price. This is by far the best one yet, and it is priced accordingly. I've attached a couple of pics (yes, right after I waxed it a couple of weeks ago). If you are a serious buyer, I'll send more pics of anything you want to see. I want a cash and carry deal, so YOU know exactly what YOU are getting. I'd encourage anyone interested to have a mechanic take a look at it (or a LC expert locally if you know one)

forgot to mention I also have the complete (3 book) set of Factory Service Manuals.

CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT fullybalanced at aol dot com -- thanks Jon

truck back.jpgtruck front.jpg

Last edited:

fullybalanced

Me either but that is the name of the paint code. The color is hard to describe (so look at the pics). Its kind of a grey golden color.

Strizzo

Explorer
The slee 80 school page says the 40th anniversary edition was available in sage and green only. This one is sage I guess?

fullybalanced

Geez, I had no idea it would cause such a disturbance in the force. I've adjusted the color description to read: Antique Sage Pearl Sorry for any confusion!

Myvanisbetter

Observer
I would love some more pictures of the rig. It would be a 2800mi trip to get it home, but that sounds like a fun road trip to me!

fullybalanced

one thing I thought of for "distant" interest.... if you have an iphone we can do a facetime and instead of showing you my ugly face, I can show the truck! email directly for my number if you wish to do that.

Jon --> fullybalanced at aol dot com

herm

Adventurer
Great truck. there is one nearly exactly the same a few doors down from me. Had to Check where you were from!

fullybalanced

Willing to look at partial trades. Under two conditions:

point one value may not exceed half of my selling price. Example your 4x4 at $7500 and $7500 cash for my 4x4. Another your $5000 4x4 and $10000 for mine. 2500 for yours and 12500 for mine (all assuming a sell price of $15000)

point two, any trades take place face ro face (preferably local).

May also consider ammo slingers -- if interesting or unque (i decide if its interesting to me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven