Funky vibe after S.S 1.2 lift

4runnerteq

Explorer
Just installed SS 1.2 A lift on 97 4runner. 285 BFG ATs on stock wheels. Feels like in front underneath. Can feel in floor & strng wheel,wheel doesnt shake but vibes. Removed skid plate & diff drop no change. Thought possible r/f wheel brng,replaced,no good. R F tire had slight rub on UCA at full left turn. Installed 1/4 spacers no help. Truck has 160k miles of which we have put 100k on. Dont remember it bein there before but maybe was & bigger tires & lift made worse. Love the lift,tires,looks & ride but vibe is drivin me nuts. Also had tires road force balanced & nothing has changed. Any suggestions appreciated.

Applejack

Explorer
how much lift do you have in the front and how much was the diff dropped?
Was it aligned after the lift?

Sprink669

How is the axle pinion? I am battling a slow speed vibe too. I have a 2010 dbl cab off road with a OME lift with Dakar springs. I have the carrier drop and the diff drop and I just picked up a set of 3* shims for the rear at summit racing.

Applejack

Explorer
Is it a steady vibe (buzzzz.....) or rhythmic (buzz buzz buzz......)

It could be just one of those things.
On a previous 3rd gen 4runner, I lifted it 2.5 inches dropped the diff an inch as per the standard, and I never got my cv buzz to go away, and some people can forgo the diff drop and have no vibrations at all. Go figure.

J-man

Adventurer
i seem to remember when i went from stock to ss 1.2 on my rigs there was a slight driveline vibration after. Its been soo long since ive driven in a stock height 4runner, ive forgotten how they feel. Its probly just the rear driveshaft/joints giving you that little bit of vibration - youll forget about it soon.

nater

Adventurer
I had something similar on mine... Lubed all the drive shaft zerks (front and rear) and it went away. My front slip joint was totally dry (my fault) and once that was fixed, it was perfect.

4runnerteq

Explorer
well if its part of it I guess I can learn to live with it. I can get the speed where its barely noticeable. Has prolly been a while since zerks done. Easy enough to try. While here are many of you guys running wheel spacers? Ive only got about 1/2 clearance at the UCAs. And the right side will rub on full left turn. Will the spacers give a hwy wobble in the steering?

4runnerteq

Explorer
Vibe almost gone or Im gettin used to it. Greased all the drive shaft zerks. The more I drive it seems to get better. maybe everythings startin to get used to the new angles. Im almost afraid to put the diff drop back in at this point.

toy_tek

Adventurer
Have you rotated the new tires around front to back?

I had a brand new out-of-round 285 AT that felt like an imbalance/vibe and chased it for a couple thousand miles before I figured it out. On the third time back for a balance, I spotted the tire turning out of round on the balancer, and BFG replaced it. Problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl