FUSO FG 3 Ton 4x4 4.3L Diesel

39Ronin

Adventurer
Hey guys,

It is mine, and I just PM'd Wantedwolf on here as he seems to be in the market for an FG. Anyone (Canadians) else interested?

Tree

Adventurer
Hey guys,

It is mine, and I just PM'd Wantedwolf on here as he seems to be in the market for an FG. Anyone (Canadians) else interested?

I am intrested... but not $20,000 intrested. If you don't sell it send me a pm.

39Ronin

Adventurer
Tree, thank you for your interest.

Lets look at comparables:

60,000 miles vs 4000 km's
$16,500 = $20,300 Cdn + 12.1% (import duty/ GST)
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1002571594.html

71,000 miles vs 4000 km's
$15,999 = $19,600 Cdn + 12.1 % (import duty/GST)
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/994645887.html

49,000 miles vs 4000 km's
$24,000 US = $29,500 Cdn + 12.1% (import duty/GST)
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/997000658.html

60,000 miles vs 4000 km's
$18,500 = $22,700 Cdn + 12.1% (import duty /GST)
http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/work-trucks/find/listing/1998-mitsubishi-fuso-fg-91219000

I know that all these trucks have different features, box types ect... so other than the one with the snowplow I think the other features are comparable. My vehicle is as new condition, you won't find another example of this kind of condition other than the showroom.

I think my price is inline.

Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
When I was in the market, the issue for me was the lack of a turbo. Living at altitude and having owned both turbo'd and NA Mercedes diesels, a turbo is pretty important.

Tree

Adventurer
I dont know ronin... 20,000 for an 18 year old truck... it doesnt have a turbo, its right hand drive, and I would assume it tops out around 100 kph... other than that its a very nice looking truck and 4000km on it looks real nice! I hope you didnt get offended... I was just saying that if you dont sell it I would like to make you an offer.

Last edited:

39Ronin

Adventurer
No offence at all, hope I didn't sound too defensive either. Tone is hard to tell on the internet. I was just puting my price into perspective, you can't get alot for $20,000. Comprimises will need to be made, age, mileage , condition or side of steering. I guarantee you won't find a newer 18 year old truck anywhere (other than Japan) that was stored indoors, maintained by the government.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I agree on prices and FG's. Low mileage ones are hard to find. Low mileage ones outside the rust belt are harder to find. Low mileage ones outside the rust belt that haven't been used for snow plowing are even harder. I paid $17.5 for mine which I thought was high. But I really wanted a long wheelbase with a service body. They are pretty rare so I coughed it up. It had been completely repainted, not a hint of rust and service body was in good condition.
If a person is looking for a camper, one I've posted about here before for sale in Upstate NY with a homemade camper inside a truck body seems like a pretty good deal. Don't know if anyone here bought it yet but I did give the owner's info out a few weeks ago to a couple of people.

dipple

I have seen and ridden in this truck. It is in as new condition. I am really hoping it doesn't sell because I want to use it as my next expo platform. Mark

pattersonimages

Adventurer
clean as...

I have as well... and Have never actually seen a cleaner 15yo vehicle in my life.. the thing is showroom. Would there not be a way to Turbo that engine..... I believe there is...
Jeff

kerry

Expedition Leader
There is, but it would only be the equal of an originally turbo'd engine if the original engine was designed for a turbo. For instance MB 617 engines come in NA and turbo versions. The turbo is quite different. It has an ALDA to increase fuel as intake pressure increases, it has oil squirters for the pistons to keep them cool with higher combustion temperatures and it has sodium filled valves to deal with the extra heat. There are similar differences between the CAT 3208 NA and turbo.

Psilosin

I've been trying to sell some of my vehicles for almost a year now to buy this truck. I know it will sell to someone else the same day I finally manage to make room for it haha. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven