Future rig

iron pig

Based on the advice I have gotten on the forum I have decided to go in this direction.

fj80tracks.jpg

Thanks for all you help.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Oooohhh

I love that Safarigard bumper! Makes me want to buy a 60.

So...

60 series.
Are you going to keep the 2f (?)
5spd?
Diesel swap?
Chevy small block?
SOA?

Do tell us your plans.

iron pig

I am looking at three different ones right now, but my fourth child ( third girl ) is due on Monday the 12th so I think I will wait a week or so before I start making offers.

I am going to sell my 2005 Ford FX4 F150 to fund this project, so if anyone knows anybody?

I will keep you all updated.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Skillet said:
No doubt, that is one rockin' rig. Love the stance on that thing.

It looks like a kickin' rear bumper too. (you have to look close!)

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Jack Rice is selling a great 60 series on Ih8mud. He's out of Oregon and is well known in the off road world. He's currently on the cover of one of the 4wheel mags with his red 45. PM me if you want his contact info.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Anyone know who's 60 that is pictured above? I've seen that truck (online) before and love it. If it was white, it would be my dream 60. I had an '82 FJ60 that I bought with only 82,000 miles on the odometer and can't say enough good things about them. I WILL have another one someday. Its so hard to find one without a half million miles on them nowadays though. A local car lot had an '87 with 90,000 original miles on it. The thing was cherry, no rust, good paint, interior, mechanicals. It had a Cool Cruisers of Texas badge on it, so I'm thinking it was one of their restoration trucks. They sold the thing for $5k which in my book is a steal for one in that condition. I took it for a test drive and everything but in the end couldn't justify having yet another vehicle that I wouldn't want to drive in the winter here and subject to the salt. God I hate the fact that they salt roads here.

toyrunner95

Explorer
i like the first truck better, ive seen a few rigs with the mat trax on them. mostly search and res-q. but it would be fun to go bomb around in on the beach ans stuff. too bad they dont sell them for the 6lug toyota bolt pattern.

esh

Explorer
I'm not sure how many he's done, but if anyone would know about the tracks, Luke @ 4x4Labs would...

that looks like 6 lugs to me?

mat5.jpg

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Funny one notices these things, but the U bolt ends of the front suspension on that 60 need to be cut :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl