Garmin 60CSx Mount in 05+ Tacoma

Thanks for the good idea on this one!

I'd been looking for a good place to mount my RAM mount from my dirtbike iin my '02 4runner for a while, and saw that this was the perfect location for me.

I did mine little different though. The ram mount RAM-B-367U has a hole in the middle so you can use whatever bolt you need.

Here is what it looks like mounted up:

And with GPS:

With the shorter stem, you don't get as much range of motion but it works perfectly for me. The bonus is that I'm left handed so I can actually use the gps while I'm driving. :smiley_drive:

The only problem I had was the amount of thread lock Toyota used on the damn screw. A 5 minute job turned into an hour and a half when I had to drill the thing out! :smilies27

DblD

Adventurer
Excellent! I had no idea there was such a piece from RAM. Some sort of short spacer behind the ball would give you back some range of motion but still not stick out as far as mine.

Hmmm…. (scratches head and thinks to himself)

dd

Excellent! I had no idea there was such a piece from RAM. Some sort of short spacer behind the ball would give you back some range of motion but still not stick out as far as mine.

Hmmm…. (scratches head and thinks to himself)

dd

Yep, I just went to the RAM website and started digging through their mount solutions. I ended up finding it under motorcycle mounts.

I think I might still stick a couple washers under it so I have the option of pushing the gps a little further out of the way.

Offthewall1989

I've looked at this thread and am planning on doing this as well, quick question. I'm not sure if I passed over this subject, but with it being wired into your fuse block, won't it always be hot? Do you have a relay or something to kill the power and when you turn key it brings power?

Thanks for the help.

barlowrs

Explorer
I want mine always hot. You could wire it into a relay to trip off an accessory or you could wire it directly into an accessory line if you want.

vicali

Adventurer
Nice, I'm a fan of the clean install.

I've hardwired my Nuvi into the dash to get rid of the wires hanging everywhere;

9267997153_892f694e60_c.jpg

Using both of these threads as guides I added a 12v outlet behind the dash using an add-a-fuse and ran the power wires up behind the stereo and out the defrost vents at the center.

The suction cup is holding steady after 3 years in another vehicle and another in the Tacoma, maybe once a year I find it down on the dash? but the power cord keeps it from going anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__