gen 2 oil gauge not working

missleone

Observer
Hey guys 1995 Montero SR oil guage not working (yes it has oil in it) is this a huge repair? Can ya direct me if where i need to start to get this fixed and or is this commen? I am looking at purchasing this vehicle, runs good current owner states its been inop since he has owned it over a year or so.....thanks

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Mine had the sending unit for the oil light indicator instead of the pressure gauge. Swapped in the correct sending unit and it now works.

missleone

Observer
Offroader was that an external sending unit or internal? Hopefully its not the ladder and do you happen to have a part#.? Running around with that being at zero would bug the crap outta me lol..thanks for the replys gents!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
It was on the engine and not in the meter. Sorry, I don't have the part number. You can figure it out though if you own a windows PC by downloading the Mitsubishi ASA program and looking it up using your vin.

As for the meter going bad, I'm not sure if there's a procedure to check the meter in the FSM but that's the first thing I'd check if I thought it was bad

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I was racing around in the Bug the other day and noticed the oil pressure gauge was pegged...to the high side. lol. I freaked for a split second, then pulled over and realized the sending wire nut rattled off the sender. Yikes!

Zerocool

Guys, im also having the same problem with my 1989 montero, Can someone PLEASE tell me where the sensor is so I can replace it,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal