Giving kids a bath while camping - solutions?

Uncle Roger

Observer
I've seen things like this mentioned: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E28UQU?ie=UTF8&tag=safdad-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000E28UQU"]Amazon.com: Chapin 20000 1-Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I don't think you could get away with hot water, but warm would probably be okay.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Bath- you mean bucket ?

Picture.jpg

Rexsname

Explorer
I use the bug sprayer modified with a kitchen spray head. One coffee pot full of hot water to a half a bug sprayer of ambient temp water makes for a nice shower. If I do it right there is enough to rinse off the dishes too.

REX

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
Borrowing a trick from my mother; we put soaking wet washcloths in a ziploc freezer bag and leave them on the dashboard in the sun. They get nice and hot and if rinsed and re-soaked are good for multiple uses, a drop or two of Dr. Bronhers castille soap is a nice touch.

Honu

lost on the mainland
small inflatable tub with a bit of water gives em a chance to splash and cool down and then wash em up rinse off with fresh water

James86004

Expedition Leader
One thing we did was make sure ours had socks and long pants on. That made the cleanup more of a wet wipe thing. Bathing kids every day is not good for their skin anyway.

One of the advantages of having a girl is they don't get as muddy as boys. I remember Mom having to hose me off before she would even let me in the house.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
Mostly our kids stay dirty if its a one nighter maybe a wipie bath, a while ago we purchased a plastic shop sink that has the four detachable legs. We warm up water on the stove and scrub away. The sink fits great in our 416 and is used as regular box.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
5 gallon keg pressurized with co2 or OBA. Heated by campfire or by the 12v water heater I recently added.

1288128692.jpg

-Sam

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
How old are the munchkins? How about using a tote filled with water? A Pellican or Action Packer or something similar. Something that you've already got on hand to carry your gear to/from camp, that way it's dual purpose and not taking up extra space.

This is how I do it when camping. Heat some water up on the stove and then add cold until the bath is the right temp. I have some pictures somewhere of my youngest and my nephew, six months apart in age, each sitting in one and having a blast. Of course my camping is done in an area where water is plentiful. If water isn't plentiful then sponge baths will work wonders. When I was a kid and my family was camping/traveling where clean water wasn't plentiful I can remember getting a sponge baths will my dad kept watch for lions. I learned in the Marines that its amazing what a wash cloth and a little bit of water can do for personal hygenie, its not as good as a good shower but better than nothing.

SCRover

Adventurer
haven't read the previous posts, but love the topic.

i don't bathe my kids on trips, but so far we haven't gone for more than a few days. might clean up the feet with some wipes so their sleeping bags don't get too gnarly; otherwise, au natural is the way to go when camping.

and love the pic of the little one in the dishpan on the tailgate... lucky he didn't take a nosedive while you were shooting.

swampjeep

How old are the munchkins? How about using a tote filled with water? A Pellican or Action Packer or something similar. Something that you've already got on hand to carry your gear to/from camp, that way it's dual purpose and not taking up extra space.

x2 on this

kjp1969

Explorer
We usually just wipe off anything that might attract mice and let them go until we get home. Girls like to get muddy too! :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design