GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

fastevo

I have Bilstein in front and Gabriel Max Control #77638 on the rear, I like the ride of the Max Control better than the Bilstein for the rear, they seem to be a little better valved for the vans, less “jolt” a nicer ride overall. I can’t speak to the longevity yet, as I only have 1000 miles on them so far. The Max Control is a mono tube shock just like the Bilstein, big plus is, if you shop around you can probably find them for under $50. Steve

fastevo

I can not comment on the Bilstein for stock ride height as I have the front lifted 2 1/2” and run Bilstein remote reservoir, they will only work with a lift. The Max Control are rated for a stock Express van but can be run up to about 2-2 1/2” lift. Steve

aaronhjelt

Hello, can anyone offer advice on mounting position of the ball joint on the Cognito UCA (top vs. bottom)? For reference, I have:
Suburban 6-leaf springs on the rear
Bilstein 24-186643 on the front
Bilstein 24-185615 on the rear
Maxx SMX-MC2 (probably at A4 but maybe at B3?)
Cognito 110-90289
I remember seeing one post with this but cannot find it for the life of me. Normal driving conditions include a lot of weight in the back with kids and gear. Occasional trailer towing. Thanks!

aaronhjelt

Hello, can anyone offer advice on mounting position of the ball joint on the Cognito UCA (top vs. bottom)? For reference, I have:
Suburban 6-leaf springs on the rear
Bilstein 24-186643 on the front
Bilstein 24-185615 on the rear
Maxx SMX-MC2 (probably at A4 but maybe at B3?)
Cognito 110-90289
I remember seeing one post with this but cannot find it for the life of me. Normal driving conditions include a lot of weight in the back with kids and gear. Occasional trailer towing. Thanks!
I did get an update for Cognito customer service - they said to mount on the bottom for my situation. But if anyone has input I'd appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78