GMC Duramax/Outfitter -- great offroad truck camper

cewillis

Truck and camper are both sold.

Outstanding truck / camper setup for offroad exploration and camping, or overlanding.
$37,500. Location: Catalina, Az
Truck and camper also available separately: Asking $24K for truck, $14K for camper, or reasonable offer. (camper must be sold first)

Upgrades, maintenance, and a few pictures are at For Sale

2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4x4, SLE, extended cab, short bed.
Low mileage - 83000 miles. Never a daily driver.
Always stored indoor in Arizona when not in use. No smoking or pets.
Upgraded to better that 3500 SRW load capacity with hd rear springs
Many other offroad upgrades, including front Eaton electric locker and heavy duty camper battery charge circuit
Perfect mechanical condition - meticulous maintenance
Stock engine - 650 ft-lbs, 360 hp. No 'performance upgrades' that degrade reliability and lifetime.
A few minor body dings from offroad use
Doesn't need ULSD (ultra low sulfer), and no DEF
$50,000+ new

2007 Outfitter Apex 8 popup truck camper.
Always stored indoor in Arizona when not in use. No smoking or pets.
Perfect mechanically, a few dings from offroad use. Could use a new mattress.
Zero leaks ever
~ 2700 lbs fully loaded for extended camping
44 gallon fresh water tank
16 gallon grey water tank
Cassette toilet
Wet bath with shower
4 140 amphour AGM (advanced glass mat) batteries, 560 AH total, nearly new
110 watt solar panel
20K BTU furnace
Tundra compressor refrigerator
Oven with range top
E/W queen size bed
Rear awning
Upgraded water pump and water heater thermostat
Torklift frame mounted tie-downs
Full hookup connections for campground.
$30,000+ new

Attachments

• capesolitude med.jpg
    capesolitude med.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 666
  • 144_2640.JPG
    144_2640.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 640
  • DSCN0419.JPG
    DSCN0419.JPG
    495.4 KB · Views: 677
  • DSCN0412.JPG
    DSCN0412.JPG
    507.6 KB · Views: 572
  • DSCN0425.JPG
    DSCN0425.JPG
    512.9 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCN0424.JPG
    DSCN0424.JPG
    514.3 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
E

eugarps

Hello,

This is 'eugarps' from the rv.net TC forum. I've enjoyed following you trips for years. It's a really tempting rig.

Best,

Bill

cewillis739

There are a few interior pictures here . I can certain take others if you are interested.
Few points. You'll see that there is no table mounted between the seats. I wanted the legroom, so I use a small folding table instead. But I have the stock table and mounting hardware (never used).
The seats fold out to make another bed ~ single bed size.
The shower in this camper folds down in order to lower the top, but opens up to over 6 feet headroom. I would have to drag the camper out of my workshop to get pictures of that. Can be done if you really want to see it.

100_0571.JPG

cewillis

Although I would prefer to sell together, truck and camper are available separately. (camper must be sold first)
Truck + extra equipment $25K or reasonable offer.
Camper $15K or reasonable offer.

cewillis739

Many camper pictures are at this link For Sale in the original post.
Here's the floor plan.
Thanks for you interest.

Attachments

• apex_8.jpg
    apex_8.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 188

5280Bucky

Hi, you mention interior height a little over 6. Do you know how much? I’m 6”1’, so it’s a pretty important dimension for me.

Thanks,

Colin

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Cal, it still pains me to see that it has come to this. However, I understand as I'm getting near the end of my go-round with the XTC myself. Jeanie doesn't want to do this anymore. The real surprise here is that no one yet has snapped up this wonderful rig. It checks ALL the boxes for short or long term travel over terrible roads and trails and is a true Expedition Camper, not an expensive, untested new wannabee. Without all the smog hangons, 2006 may be the pinnacle year for that engine. After a complete reverse shoulder replacement last fall, I'm back in business so we leave in a couple weeks to do a 10 day stint in Canyonlands and ancillary bad trails with my brother. No more of this for you, however: click to run short vid; to see how steep this is watch till the end.

jefe

Last edited:

cewillis739

Thanks Jefe, I can't truthfully say that there are no regrets at all. But I can say for a near certainty that's it's time for me to 'retire'. I absolutely agree about the TC (obviously) -- I was THERE for all the testing.
But as it happens, I may have some news tomorrow. Not exactly what I wanted, but a start.
Looking forward to see you negotiating the spot that stopped me. ('course, I was alone)
Cal

blacklbzbeauty

Know nothing about the camper.
But the truck with only 83k miles and the highly sought after, non DEF, LBZ Duramax would be worth 20-22k minimum in my neck of the woods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater