Alpine Spirit

Observer
gonemoab081dl3.jpg

gonemoab083jb8.jpg

gonemoab084lk5.jpg

2010Poster-copy.gif

Jagger1031

SE Expedition Society
OK - I have just read Cannonball's earlier concern (stock vehicle) and would like to also inquire a bit. I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2010 4x4 Frontier to play with. Only mod I should have by the time this event occurs (which it sounds like a blast) would be a tool box and CB. IF I can get a hall pass to cross the country on a road trip, should I aim to register for only the green trails? Any advice would be great - Thanks

Casper

Adventurer
OK - I have just read Cannonball's earlier concern (stock vehicle) and would like to also inquire a bit. I just bit the bullet and purchased a 2010 4x4 Frontier to play with. Only mod I should have by the time this event occurs (which it sounds like a blast) would be a tool box and CB. IF I can get a hall pass to cross the country on a road trip, should I aim to register for only the green trails? Any advice would be great - Thanks

It will really depend on your skill level. With careful driving and spotting you will be able to do some of the blues as well. It will also depend a little on which model you have. I.E. Crew cab, Extra Cab, long bed, short bed. I would suggest greens, with maybe Fins N Things, and Hells Revenge. If your really worried, there are always extra seats so you could ride along with someone on an easier Blue and check it out.

Hope to see you there.

Josh
&
Porthos
:smiley_drive:

XJINTX

Explorer
I can see stock trucks doing some trails and having FUN. I might suggest aftermarket sliders... pretty easy install. Worse case maybe remove the factory rails????

Jagger1031

SE Expedition Society
@Josh/Porthos- Thanks for the info. I have the Frontier 4x4 SE Crew Cab w/ std (short) bed. As for experience, I am from the coast of Alabama so rocks dont come much bigger than a bowling ball (or they are sold in the Home Depot garden section!). Sand and swamp muck now is a different story....

@XJINTX - I will look into the sliders - thanks

Jagger1031

SE Expedition Society
No skids - I have looked into the Shrockworks products (namely the front bumper) for the winch. It sounds like it may be best to aim at next year for going West -- Should give me time to get all of the necessary bolt-ons to enjoy the trip!

Casper

Adventurer
Hey Jagger,
Skids and sliders are really good piece of mind, but in all honesty not needed for Greens and some Blues. We have a couple all stock, not modified vehicles every year and they have a blast. Don't let the lack of mods scare you, you will love it.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos
:smiley_drive:

granitex1

Adventurer
Ther is more to do stock in Moab than you would have time to do anyway, That and learning what you want to change to accomplish certain goals is really something that evolves over time. If you are new to wheeling then you are more of a limiting factor than the truck. As time and experiance develops, you will see what you want, and need to change. But you will be very suprised how far your truck will take you as it is right now.

All that youreally need is a good attitude, a CB, and a recovery point on the front and back of the truck. Dont let your lack of mods scare you away. Just remember,,,,,Air down,,,go slow,,,enjoy the view...

grimbo

Explorer
Really must plan to come over for one of these. Made it over for EJS about 10 years ago and managed to spend the time with the Zuk guys as I owned one. Amazing experience albeit a bit of a circus. Would be great to do it again on a slightly less busy time.

Better start saving and convincing the wife that we need a US holiday with the kids with a Utah stopover.

Alpine Spirit

Observer
This is just a couple quick announcements....

This is the last week to order T-shirts. I added a list to the site... if your name is on there you have shirts on order. If its not... then you better hop to it so you do not miss out!!!!
http://gonemoab.com/SMF/index.php?topic=538.0
NO EXTRA SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT GONEMOAB

This is the last week for regular registration as well, Josh and I begin to get all of our paperwork together for the BLM and insurance. So if you know of ANYONE who is coming and has not registered let them know after this week registration goes up by $5... they snooze they loose and pay for it.

See you on the Slickrock,

Kevin - Alpine Spirit
www.goneMOAB.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl