guys i need your advise

jrose609

Explorer
94 HMC4 is my daily driver. i loveeeee it, and yes for diesel feeling nothing comes close to h1, the noise of the 39" tires + turbo 6.5+ 4 geared hubs + almost no sound proofing , makes you feel like you are inside the nuclear power plant haha

the thing is that i run out of project lol and here i see this Rover parked next to the Hummers and bad bad ideas go true my mind lol

but its better to keep it the way it came out of the Assembly line. even the spare tire has never been used.

is 300tdi just bolt on transplant ? what kind of transmission was used on that motor?

Eric

Eric, you're slipping. You need counseling, dude! :coffeedrink:

Bring your Redrover up to Idaho, and we will find you a beautiful truck with no engine or tranny for you to modify. Don't mess up a pristine Classic!

I have a 300tdi in my Discovery. After your 6.5 turbo, you will hate the 300tdi. It is a pig compared to a big diesel.

If you want a project, how about I hire you to build me a nice intercooler for my Discovery? I would like to get an uprated intercooler, but since I have an automatic Trans and a/c, it would have to be a custom job.

REDROVER

Explorer
Eric, you're slipping. You need counseling, dude! :coffeedrink:

Bring your Redrover up to Idaho, and we will find you a beautiful truck with no engine or tranny for you to modify. Don't mess up a pristine Classic!

I have a 300tdi in my Discovery. After your 6.5 turbo, you will hate the 300tdi. It is a pig compared to a big diesel.

If you want a project, how about I hire you to build me a nice intercooler for my Discovery? I would like to get an uprated intercooler, but since I have an automatic Trans and a/c, it would have to be a custom job.

a ha :) we have an inside man , is the 300 tdi powerful ? inside the disco? why do u say its a pig? drinks diesel,? i would assume it should be good economy motor

i made my mind not to touch the rover, , that's out of question ., however i see many other abused classics that would love heart transplant :) i would love to know how it drives. before i chose a motor for the next project . how much did u have to modify to make the 300tdi fit in the disco? can you find parts in USA?

( new motor is not for the REDROVER, that truck drives beautiful, as i write this i am getting ready to drive to lake Shasta up northern California about 650 miles away)

thank you kind sir

Eric

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater