gx470 tire size question

470Lexi

I see a lot of people running the 285/70/17 size.....wanted to see if anyone has tried a 285/75/17 or larger? Installing a full icon set up on Monday with the body mount chop and a lot of trimming.

470Lexi

Bueller? Anyone?

I know its not a common vehicle to lift but does anyone know how close the wheel wells are in size to the 4th gen 4runner?

I think this is a great size for our trucks but it will need some mods other than a lift to fit.

The main issue with this size is the front to back fittment in the wheel well.
I'm guessin a 1" bl would take care of the fender rub, and different offset wheels may be needed to clear the body mount. The reports on the fourm show some rub on the body mount and others do not.

285/75/17 - 33.86" 11.30"
285/70/17 - 32.76" 11.50"

reference, 4runner wheel well diameters.

Outside of body mount

30.5"

Inside of body mount

28"

You are going to be running a 34" tire, when you were running a 32" or smaller.

Last edited:

srserl

Observer
Try giving Metaltech4x4 a call as they list lifts for the GX470. They are generally very knowledgeable about their products. I have the 285/75/17 toyo mt on my fj cruiser and love them. They run a little larger than the 33.86" mentioned by Overland in Texas. Definitely will need a BMC on the front body mounts, but I am not familiar with the GX470 fenders to know how big you can get up in there.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
a 35x12.50 will fit, you just have to be brave enough to make it.

calmer profile tires, like an All terrain will be easier to manage. the section width of mud terrain/max traction tire isn't totally accurate as the lugs sometimes extend outside of the measured area.

trust me, if i can make a 35x12.50 fit on a 5th generation 4runner with only 3" of lift and 'remove' the rubbing - you can make a 285 fit in a lexus

470Lexi

I'm having metal tech install the icon set up and do the body mount chop Monday. Going to test fit the 285/75 and the 35x12.50. Both in the toyo mt

WhiteH2O

Observer
This is a bit of an old thread now, but since there aren't any real answers, the 285/75s fit. I have a tad bit of rubbing on the inside of the rear fender under compression and near full lock. Not enough that I'm worried about it though.

4kuxavd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven