H2 wheels for my Dmax....what do you guys think?

1stDeuce

Explorer
On a 2007-up style truck, the H2's with 35's can be made to "fit" with some trimming of the fascia, and some tweaking of the inner finder liner and park brake cable via zip-ties, and some decent cranking on the bars. It's easier on the 2011 trucks, as they already sit a little higher. On the '07-down trucks, it's a little bit more work to get a 35 in there, thanks to a smaller wheel opening. Either way, they'll only "fit" if you stay on the street. As soon as you start turning and moving the suspension up at the same time, they're in the fenders pretty good, just like they would be before you cranked the bars. If you really want them to work well offroad, you're talking about 4" of lift, and still a little trimming, or a decent amount of trimming and some mild lifting. (this is the route that Jack, aka Locrwln is going on his, and I think it'll work well.)

My truck is running 285 BFG AT's on H2's and I cut about 1" out of the corner of the front fascia, and did the zip tie on the e-brake cable with a little heat gun on the bottom lip of the inner fender to roll it back so it won't grab the tread. They rub occasionally offroad. I think if they were on the stock 17" wheels that I have, they wouldn't rub. The extra width of the H2 wheel is all to the outside, meaning backspacing stays the same as a normal wheel, but there's 1.5" tacked on the outside edge. Not ideal for the front, but they look pretty good. (When my truck isn't covered in gook from the front tires hanging out of the fenders!) I'll probably put some new tires on my orig 17" rims when the AT's are down a ways, so I can keep the tires under the truck better. Last pic shows how much crap they throw.

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Last edited:

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Thanks 1stDeuce! Do you have a pic of what/where you rolled the inner fender? I'm going to put the wheels/tires on on Thursday. But from the sounds of it, I may be pulling them off and selling the tires to get some 285s. Wishful thinking for the 315's I guess but I'll see what they do soon enough. Thanks!

1stDeuce

Explorer
I don't have any, but I'll see if I can snap one or two at lunch. Basically, the plastic inner fender hangs straight down, and I just took a heat gun and put a little bend in in so that the bottom 1" points back a little more, which keeps the treads from grabbing the edge. It was pretty subtle, but it worked!
C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater

Members online