H3 Snorkel

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Very Cool!

river_crossing_1.jpg

Lynx

Dmarchand said:
That looks like a photoshop.
You think? with no water on the windshield, mirrors or any other part and no wipers on?

Haha, just joking, pardon the sarcasm.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
So wait... there's NO snorkel for the New Taco, but there is one for this???? Yeah that seems about right...

Dmarchand said:
That looks like a photoshop.
X2 Definately not a real pic...

Dave

stainless

Observer
That looks odd to me... seeing as that little square-ish piece at the back corner of the hood is meant to replicate the original air intake stack on the AMG Hummer (H1).

I realize the airbox isn't back there, but that seems like the ideal place for a snorkel to exit the bodywork.
I wonder what's under there to keep from having it pop out there and follow the A-pillar on up. That part isn't on the hood itself, but the cowl area, so it wouldn't bind when you lift the hood.

Oh well, it's not like it matters anyway. As with so many other equally/more capable vehicles, many of these will never see dirt, much less 3' of water.

Guinness44

Adventurer
:) I only see an H3. That picture, is marketing and a little overdone. Most likely something electronic will drown before that snorkle sucks in water.

BTW, it does matter, there are some people that just enjoy what they drive. Seems on Expo, some brands just aint welcome. That among a similar interest group! Has anyone figured out yet, that were getting locked out of this Expo sport (landuseissues), if we dont stick together.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I for one, would love to see the new snorkle installed on an ExPo member's rig and in use, whether it be dust or water!

-H-

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Guinness44 said:
Seems on Expo, some brands just aint welcome. That among a similar interest group!

Actually it's derogatory statements regarding brands that aren't welcome on ExPo. Those comments were deleted per forum guidelines.

Let the opinion stated reflect on the person who said it, not on the board as a whole.

nugget

Observer
Will be some time before the snorkel is in the market place. The snorkel in the photo is a rapid prototype fitted tot eh ARB vehicle at their Melbourne head office for fitment and photos...obvious doctored photo's!!!

Tooling is still being done before manufacturing can start.

I wonder if some people spent as much time actually driving a H3 as they do bagging them, they might actually realise they are very capable.

I wonder if some of the detractors on here have actually take their rigs to similar conditiond to where I have taken my H3.

hmaozweekend2.jpg

They might also want to take a deep breath and realsie that it is not only about how big a rock you can crawl over..how about where it can take you...and get you back. From my experience many of these rigs that climb anything, you wouldn't voluntarily drive to the corner shop for a paper.

Personally, I'll stick to where it can take me.

rb1.jpg

di9.jpg

:arabia:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
A bone stock Adventure Package is a pretty darn capable rig. The owner was cool too. He made food for everyone on our trip. :chowtime:

Last edited:

nugget

Observer
Why is it Jeep guys who take cheap shots at Hummers?

Maybe they should read the 4Wd Action Magazine comparison between a Rubicon and a H3. They took them to the Simpson desert through 5,000kms of some extreme conditions, most of which have driven several times and the Jeep detractos on here might want to put their tails between their legs for a while.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Do Your Own Thing

nugget said:
Why is it Jeep guys who take cheap shots at Hummers?

Maybe they should read the 4Wd Action Magazine comparison between a Rubicon and a H3. They took them to the Simpson desert through 5,000kms of some extreme conditions, most of which have driven several times and the Jeep detractos on here might want to put their tails between their legs for a while.

Don't take it personal man! If I had a buck for everytime some dude made fun of me for driving a Land Rover it would still be worth less than the Canadian dollar. Besides, you strike me as too much of a strong willed person to let a keyboard pounder get to you. After all, you did beat anorexia. ;)

Last edited:

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
stainless said:
That looks odd to me... seeing as that little square-ish piece at the back corner of the hood is meant to replicate the original air intake stack on the AMG Hummer (H1).

I realize the airbox isn't back there, but that seems like the ideal place for a snorkel to exit the bodywork.

I think the H-3 Snorkel looks good. The "fake intake" route was possibly not the best for Safari because they focus more on a smooth airflow with the best intake speed, tempreture for efficiency.

Stolen from Safari's website Click here
Close attention to the internal cross sectional profile and area, air velocity and flow path through each and every point along the entire length of the snorkel system ensures that the greatest air flow is achieved.

I think all this bashing or flaming actually comes down to the stereotype of who actually purchases the vehicle and not who drives it.

There are a lot of H-2 (and even more) H-3 "Mall Crawlers" hanging around. The FJ Cruiser got the same flame from the Jeepers when it came out. It has proven it's self as a capable off roader and not enough H-3 owners have come forward like Nugget to show that they are actually capable.

On the same note any vehicle can be modded to make it more capable. You can take a Saturn Vue, strip it down and make it capable to go somewhere.....

We are all off-road brothers here, so let's all wheel together and have fun getting there (or nowhere).

nugget

Observer
Mate it was as struggle and let me tell you, I am still fighting the fight!!!

I enjoy a bit of cross brand banter as much as any. Hell I even owned a Rangie once so I know the torturous hell you are going through! We live with Toyota owners here in Oz who are still living in the past, but there is just something about Jeep owners.

I have a private theory that they all fart a lot, cos they seem to have this compulsion to the take doors and roof of at every opportunity...or is it that they are severely under powered and they need to shed weight?

You would think that if my H3 can carry my anorexia beating butt, then Jeeps could carry the doors and roofs they came with!!!

:arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia:

There goes my posting rights for another 2 weeks...knackered by a Toyota owner again!!!!!!:arabia: :arabia:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete