H3 Snorkel

nugget

Observer
stainless said:
That looks odd to me... seeing as that little square-ish piece at the back corner of the hood is meant to replicate the original air intake stack on the AMG Hummer (H1).

I realize the airbox isn't back there, but that seems like the ideal place for a snorkel to exit the bodywork.
I wonder what's under there to keep from having it pop out there and follow the A-pillar on up. That part isn't on the hood itself, but the cowl area, so it wouldn't bind when you lift the hood.

Oh well, it's not like it matters anyway. As with so many other equally/more capable vehicles, many of these will never see dirt, much less 3' of water.

Body work is under there and there is no way a pipe for a snorkel is going through there..I have spent a large amount of time trying....I know it is a waste of time for a H3 to have a snorkel, being restricted to carparks and all.

That will cause a problem for me as the places I go don't have shopping centres let alone shopping centre car parks. They do have a truck that comes in once a month with supplies though..maybe I could park in its shadow for you...but then I guess I won't see you there anyway!!!

:gunt: :gunt:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Nice photo. :jumping:

nugget said:
rb1.jpg

Lynn

Expedition Leader
olympiccop2002 said:
Nugget,

I love that shirt! Too darn funny... :eatchicke

Bjorn

X2.

Where can I get one in a XXL? Actually, as much as I like your shirt, I admire your beaches a whole lot more!

nugget

Observer
Thanks Lynn,

Yeah we do it tough here in Queensland. Is winter now and today is sunny and 24C!:jumping:

stainless

Observer
nugget said:
Body work is under there and there is no way a pipe for a snorkel is going through there..I have spent a large amount of time trying....I know it is a waste of time for a H3 to have a snorkel, being restricted to carparks and all.

That will cause a problem for me as the places I go don't have shopping centres let alone shopping centre car parks. They do have a truck that comes in once a month with supplies though..maybe I could park in its shadow for you...but then I guess I won't see you there anyway!!!

Easy there killer. You need to holster those peashooters before you hurt yourself. ;)

I said most won't ever need a snorkle (and I stand beside that statement 100%). Most will indeed be sitting in a car park. The same can be said for most Jeeps, most Yota's, heck most of anything.
Perhaps I'm partly to blame for not putting some kind of emoticon or emphasis on the word most.

You're right though in that you wont see me out there. I'm too busy getting lost on this side of the world to go trying to find you. :shakin:

nugget

Observer
She's sweet.

You did say "Most". It wasn't the "most", it was that you only referred to Hummers.

What you didn't say was .....

"The same can be said for most Jeeps, most Yota's, heck most of anything."

If you had, we wouldn't be having this conversation as I would have agreed 100% with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete