Hackster's Backpacker 2 offroad Camp Trailer

hackster

Adventurer
I hung onto this after selling the crew cab I built to tow it but we have used it very little since our trip to Alaska.

Asking $12,000 OBO and is located in Portland Oregon. Was built in 2013 at Three Feathers Manufacturing.

This trailer was purpose built from the frame up for a trip to Alaska. I worked with Three feathers manufacturing in LaGrande Oregon over the course of several months to put this thing together....its pretty awesome

Trailer is built on a 2x3 square frame chassis and 5x4.5 3500 lb axle Tires are 33x9.50 BFG all terrains on aluminum Eagle wheels, I have three matching wheels and tires for it.

Back wall of trailer where the barn doors are is all structural box tubing so its built to last.

Trailer has full tube/plate fenders and sliders with flush mounted rear stabilizers that are under the frame work, no worries about dragging them and swing up front mount for safe wheeling

Trailer is 5' wide and 8' long...Ill have to measure the height but its really comfortable inside.

15 gallon fresh water storage tank and on board propane hot water heater under rear sink/counter area.

Hot water outside shower with flip down shower curtain support

Exterior and interior lighting is all LED

Fantastic Fan

Interior is finished as a RV would be and fits a full size queen bed inside

LCD tv with built in DVD Player mounted on swing away mount inside for viewing

12 volt pump for water tank and actual faucet all run on pressure switch

dual 5 gallon propane tanks on tongue

single RV battery on tongue of trailer

Trailer weight is 1580 with a full tank of water.

ARB awning on one side.....the best purchase that we made.

Wired for 110v hookup and cable/satelite at campgrounds

My wife and I have used this for several around Oregon and Washington but also used it for a 7,000 mile 21 day adventure to Homer Alaska and back to Oregon. The only issue we had on the entire trip was a bent axle from hitting a manhole at 70 mph and some water fill location issues. I recently went back over to Three Feathers, installed an entire new axle/spring/hub assembly and we re arranged the water fill on the trailer to outside of the kitchen area. It is now on the drivers exterior panel.

This thing tows amazing, great turning radius and asside from some small dings in the front panel from lots and lots of gravel roads is in like new condition inside and out.

I am not on here all too often but am always available by phone or email and please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or offers......motivated seller.

Sean

Foglister@gmail.com

Trailer is Located in Portland Oregon and I am willing to deliver within a reasonable distance.

hackster

Adventurer
Thank you, it was a super fun build and trip. We are seriously thinking about an Earthroamer at this point and would like to be able to tow my Rock Buggy behind whatever we camp in.

Someone out there in Expo land has got to want a very nicely built and setup camp trailer.

Sean

hackster

Adventurer
Does the trailer have brakes?

Is it a leaf spring suspension?

Thanks

Hey weeds, no brakes on the axle, but it has brackets on the axle for the backing plates and a 7 pin plug so it would be super easy to add.

Yes, leaf spring suspension.

Sean

hackster

Adventurer
Looking to sell this little fellow. I am open to offers on it so don't be shy.

Trailer is in great shape and is ready to go!!! It is really setup well and tows great. Sleeps well and stays cool in summer and warm in winter.

Thanks,

Sean

hackster

Adventurer
Interested parties?

I am very flexible on pricing......getting ready to do some remodeling around the house and will need this to be gone to proceed.

Rediculous offers may be considered.

Sean

hackster

Adventurer
I have had a little interest on this in the past few weeks but no takers yet. Getting ready to winterize it and put it in storage in the next few weeks.

Still have it, still flexible on pricing and motivated seller.

Thank you,

Sean

hackster

Adventurer
Bump for a killer little trailer.

I would like this to move sooner than later. My number is $10k, but even getting a little flexible on that.

Sean

hackster

Adventurer
Bump this up to the top for the weekend.

I am a VERY motivated seller. Don't be shy hit me up with an offer.

Thank you,

Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman