Hard-Sided Pop-Up Camper by Hiatus Campers

HiatusCampers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
That looks nice.
If there is rain or snow on the camper walls,does it get the inside of the camper wet when closed down?
Is the camper available with strait walls?

Thank you! If there is a lot of rain or snow on the folding walls, we recommend using a brush or squeegee to wipe off the excess precipitation before folding the camper down. The walls only fold down 90 degrees, so they do not enter the lower area or make contact with the interior furniture. Since the walls do not angle down towards the interior of the camper when folded down, it is fine to leave a little rain on the walls, since small amounts of water will stay contained to the exterior faces of the folding walls. However, if you were to leave a lot of snow on those walls, then there is a chance that once it melts, it could make its way into the camper. Since the walls are waterproof, any wetness that clings to the walls does not seep through the material and into the camper. Once it stops raining/snowing, you should pop the camper back up to let it dry out completely. Hope this helps!

HiatusCampers

Will one be available for the Jeep Gladiator? Have you started taking orders and if so what is the build time/delivery dates? Do you have pricing for the interior build outs?
Yes, we can make one for a Jeep Gladiator. Our design can be adapted to work with any make or model. Yes, we are currently taking orders. Our lead time right now is about 4-6 weeks. Some of our camper components are made out of state (e.g. the composite panels), so this is about how long it takes for those to be manufactured and shipped to us. Following that, it takes about 5-7 weeks for the shell to be manufactured. Interior build out times vary depending on the complexity of the layout. You can find examples of our pricing for basic interior pieces (e.g. bench seat or counter) on our website on the purchase page. If you have a specific or unique idea you would like to incorporate in your interior, feel free to contact us at info@hiatuscampers.com.

86scotty

Cynic
Is it possible to fold the top down with the bed cushions left on the bed? Also, tell me about those cushions please. Looks like 3" foam but I'd love to know size and type if possible. Thanks!

HiatusCampers

Is it possible to fold the top down with the bed cushions left on the bed? Also, tell me about those cushions please. Looks like 3" foam but I'd love to know size and type if possible. Thanks!
Yes, half of the mattress stays up in the overcab area, while the other half can be stored down below. Before you attempt to fold the walls down, the sleeping platform must be slid into the overcab area. This is an important step, because there needs to be enough room for the ceiling handle to come down into the middle of the camper when you collapse the walls. As you can see in picture #8, the mattress is made up of multiple cushions. The top half is one large cushion that can live permanently in that spot. There is enough room for both the sleeping platform and this large cushion to remain in the overcab area when the camper is popped down. The lower half of the mattress can be divided into two or more cushions to be used as seat cushions when the bed is not in use. The cushions themselves are a high density, firm feel foam. They are 2.5" thick, plus a little batting on the inside of the cushion cover. All of the covers can be removed and washed if need be.

landman

I put my down payment on one about 2-3 weeks ago. Super excited to be working with Hiatus. Im having them building me one for my 2001 dodge 2500. I live in Arizona, so when mine arrives I’d be willing to show it to people who are interested in ordering one. I’ll post more about that later. Anyways the process and customer service of working with Hiatus on my custom camper has been absolutely excellent. Super excited about my Hiatus Camper and over all build starting.

Attachments

• D9699E86-8FF3-4E44-9083-8D11FA084E75.jpeg
    D9699E86-8FF3-4E44-9083-8D11FA084E75.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 78419646-76A2-4775-A9DC-DDA730ADB225.jpeg
    78419646-76A2-4775-A9DC-DDA730ADB225.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 114
  • A1AF068A-72F0-4878-860D-27F7D19080BB.jpeg
    A1AF068A-72F0-4878-860D-27F7D19080BB.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 1E8A82D3-5ADD-4923-AECD-FCFF5EC69E3C.jpeg
    1E8A82D3-5ADD-4923-AECD-FCFF5EC69E3C.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 113

s.e.charles

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We take great pride in our work and strive to constantly improve our designs. Personally, we don't mind the look of the pocket holes, but understand that some customers may feel differently. If someone preferred something different, we could easily fill those holes with dowels or simply design a new style of interior that fit their needs. We provide the option to have a say in your interior build out, as we respect the ideas and needs of every person who seeks our services.
not too scripted, eh?

filling a hole with a dowel nets end grain (if clear finished). you would need to revise your joinery to eliminate exposed fastening.

Q: why put the burden of designing your product on the buyer? aren't customers coming to you as the "expert in your field"?

landman

not too scripted, eh?

filling a hole with a dowel nets end grain (if clear finished). you would need to revise your joinery to eliminate exposed fastening.

Q: why put the burden of designing your product on the buyer? aren't customers coming to you as the "expert in your field"?

In every forum on the internet there always seems to be one like you. The person who makes sure no good deed goes unpunished. Hiatus isn’t putting the burden of designing the product on their buyer, they are clearing stating that if you want something custom and different from what they have presented they are happy to work with them 1 on 1 to make what they need. Clients who wants custom work have to provide a solid effort in describing and explaining what they want/need/like/don’t like. Suggesting that Hiatus is putting a “burden“ on the buyer by needing their involvement on custom projects is silly. Knock off the passive aggressive nonsense.

Last edited:

landman

Man that older Gen 2 Ram is in nice shape! Can't wait to see it with a camper on it!
That is a CLEAN ram! Make sure you post up here when you finally get the camper, and congrats!

Thanks! It’s a very rare beast. He’s a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 L Cummins Turbo Diesel with a High Output Motor and a NON-53 engine block. It has that coveted and illusive 6 speed manual transmission too :) It’s bone stock and unmolsted with only 74k miles on it. Probably one of the rarest ones in the country considering it’s milage and condition. Hiatus has been awesome to work with so I cant wait to see the project come to life. Ill do a build there here soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven