hard top cargo track

I need space to carry some light weight long things on top of my top. Not wanting to put a full blown rack up there just need some tie down points.

was thinking i would put some of these in the corners
51b7eZfbr9L.jpg

Main goal is to secure the tent down.
2015-02-08 17.57.51 by Oscar da Grouch, on Flickr

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
For increased versatility, why not use some aircraft style L-track? Whichever style you choose to go with, make sure you use a backing plate on the underside of the hardtop.

cotraikitBIG.jpg

i looked at those too.
backing plate is a definite.
those round pods are L track too. Issue i guess is where to secure it so that it supports it enough. the freedom panels would be difficult to get track onto

tarditi

Explorer
The first ones look really cool. How about regular footman's loops or something like that? (with backing plates, of course)

aalbinger

Observer
They make it in most every color. I've used it in my trailer and it works well. I went with the black and it has held up.

F9xvnpfl.jpg

3IMLA3nl.jpg

afbond03

Adventurer
Diggin the use of these on the trailer, will have to remember this when I go to rebuild mine after my deployment. I sure wish I had the balls to drill into my Hardtop.

Biggunns

Oscar, the round single clips you have on the first post are now available at Home Depot for $4 a piece, they have the track but only in 12" sections. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423551483.100303.jpg

I picked a few up but haven't used them yet.

Ryan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggunns

It does have the backing plate and nuts. The ones I picked up are anodized blue, which I hate so I'm going to strip them with oven cleaner.

Ryan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater