Hawaiian Expidition Vehicle...

AIPOHAKU

...in progress;)

Whats up guys?!..I love doing everything incorporated with being out doors and up in the mountains and trails!!!..Im from Hawaii, Big Island originally but live in Oahu now. I love camping and love camping with my truck!!!..Im currently in the process of building her up to be my all purpose rig!!..All i really need is a camper and she should be good cause I have a bunch of other parts to throw on it already!!Id really like to do statewide trip here as soon as the Super Ferry travels to more islands..Its the closest ill get to an EXPIDETION like yalls!!..LOL!!..I really want to ship my rig up there to wheel and expo but have NO money!!..Someday!....Heres a couple shots of my rig which serves as my DD/wheeling and camping vehicle!..Here some stats and future plans!!!..GREAT SITE GUYS!!..and SICK RIGS!!!

84 Toyota originally 2 wheel drive.
6" ALL PRO Suspension
37" MTRS w/ full size spare
15x10 Street Locks
Locked rear
Stock driveline
webber carb
Husky Toolbox
64" High lift jack...mounted to box
Custom Tube work by KAJOBUILT.COM
Kajobuilt front bumper w/winch mount
Kajobuilt sliders
Kajobuilt rear bumper w/ swing out tire carrier
Trail Gear 1.50" spacers
Trail Gear Bump Stops

To do list (Parts on hand)

Trail gear Dual case adaptor
Trail Gear Kreeper gussets
Trail Gear Large Diff Gaurds front and rear
Trail Gear Front Axle truss
Wilderness rack

To do (needed items)

Camper for the wilderness rack
Jerry cans..mounted on rear tire gate

Heres some shots of how it sits..Ill update after this weeks car show!!..LOL!!!

mailcopy2.jpg

mail-3-1.jpg

Some shots after tube work was done...
IMG_8779.jpg

IMG_8775.jpg

IMG_8783.jpg

More pics to come after the show!!

corax

Explorer
nice looking rig, I like the tube work. What kind of wheeling do you guys have out on the islands?

Mahalo

DaveM

Explorer
howzit braddah!

I was born and raised on Kauai, live in CA now. Kauai has some nice mountain trails in Kokee. Used to have plenty cane haul roads to explore but now with sugar almost gone the rds. are being used by permit for ATV guys so it's harder to break in and go wherever. Big Island should have all you need right? ;) Where can you go on Oahu? Seems too built out, but I only lived there for couple years.

Aloha, Dave.

AIPOHAKU

Right on guys mahalo for the welcome!!..Eh ChuckB I live in Ewa as well..Westloch Fairways!..And corax, we frequent a spot called Poamoho or better known as Peacock Flats..Ill post some wheeling shots latter...I was suprised to find pretty good wheeling here when I moved from the Big Island!...We dont really have any where like PF back home...but we do have Lava Fields!!!...Mahalo for the welcome ChuckB, so you moved out of here huh?...Good to know theres some braddahs I can holler at if im swinging by your way!!..EXPIDITION!!

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
WELCOME !!!

BE CAREFUL !!! You are gonna have some of us IFS guys trying that! Sweet rig indeed!! :26_7_2:

You truck just motivates me even more to do an SAS on my truck.
:Mechanic:

Last edited:

AIPOHAKU

LOL!!..Thanks bro, yeah hes my co-pilot and alot of the guys here always tease about him being the real driver!!..LOL!!He was also co-pilot when I flopped it too!!..Ill get pics...

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Nice looking truck. Now you need to get it over to the mainland so it has room to stretch it's legs ;)

Cheers

Dave

chet

island Explorer
nice rig! does the super ferry still run? I heard it was going to be shut down?

I am going to the big island for 6 weeks in Aug/Sept and would love to take the ferry to another island rather than fly.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I haven't heard too much about the super ferry lately. I heard it was in dry-dock because of an accident with a pier. I'll check and see what I can find out.

FYI- Unless something has drastically changed, its much cheaper to fly! I would like to ride it at least once though myself. I took a tour of it before they started running and it was very nice.

DaveM

Explorer
ChuckB said:
I haven't heard too much about the super ferry lately. I heard it was in dry-dock because of an accident with a pier. I'll check and see what I can find out.

FYI- Unless something has drastically changed, its much cheaper to fly! I would like to ride it at least once though myself. I took a tour of it before they started running and it was very nice.

I don't know, Ferry shows $39 specials right now to Maui and the rest of the base fares are $52 for passengers (no vehicle). Hawaiian showed $69 one way Oahu to Lihue. Not a great deal considering the travel time difference. But a vehicle is only $60 - $70 more. Thats a bargain if your planning to rent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother