Hello to all, just found this site!

flyin6

Observer
A friend over at Tundra Solutions where I publish a build thread on my on-going Tundra off road build suggested I check out this site. I haveand find it very interesting.

I think my Tundra crosses the line from hardcore off road truck to that of an Expedition type vehicle. In fact when I wrote the mission statement for the truck way back in 2003, I think, I mentioned it should be able drive 1000 miles then off road on moderately difficult trails, and survive to return safely home. While "out there" it should be able to self recover, survive the environment and provide comfort for 4 occupants while carrying all that they would need for a week of wilderness driving.

I guess that is an expedition of sorts

Anyway the truck is highly evolved from stock. It has a solid ftont axle with coil over suspension, rock rails, supercharged 400 + HP engine, and a host of hardcore off road equipment.

I keep looking at the truck bed withan eye to removing it and constructing a hard shell camper body, dunno, pretty big step.

Anyhow, I'm here enjoying the reading

austintaco

Explorer
post up some pics!

Welcome! It sounds like you have a pretty nice rig, but we need to be visually stimulated. Pics or didn't happen:)

flyin6

Observer
Welcome! It sounds like you have a pretty nice rig, but we need to be visually stimulated. Pics or didn't happen:)

This attachment manager is pretty busy...going through the learning curve thing...I'm slow, but I do poor work...give me some time and I'll get used to it H2 Rear suspension ReDo 019 (Large).jpg

trump

Adventurist
This attachment manager is pretty busy...going through the learning curve thing...I'm slow, but I do poor work...give me some time and I'll get used to it

No worries. The forum just upgraded to V4.0 days ago, so we are all getting used to it. Welcome to ExPo.

Derek24

Explorer
Good to see ya over here! Now you just need to copy and paste your build thread here, or you can enhance your computer skills and do it all over again! One more Tundybird added to the books!

Semper Paratus

Observer
WOW and welcome!

Nice Tundra! I have to ask about that roof rack... where did you get it? how much? What year is your truck? Your pics sent a shiver of joy through my body. Hope you enjoy the plethora of knowledge and enlightenment that this site has to offer.

jim65wagon

Yes, welcome to the forum! You'll have to submit your build thread here to make a few folks drool a little.......

flyin6

Observer
Thanks gentlemen, quite a warm welcome!

I am, of course, happy and humbled to be here. I enjoy like minded folks and although early in my experience here, looking around, I see many folks doing the same thing I am and sharing those experiences

So some of you know me from TS and have followed my build thread there. I sort of thought someone would connect the dots since I use the same name(Flyin6)over there as well. How onearth would I copy all those posts and pictures, I meanliterally hundreds of them.
And this attachment managerhasseveral extra stepsthan what Inormally see. That in itself would make it super difficult posting all those pictures up.
Any IT savvy folks out there that could somehow cutand paste the whole thing, like 250 posts and maybe, what 500 pictures over here?

I noticed over there there arequite a few viewsbut not many people reply. I think it's because my truck has advanced way past the "thinking about a lift" crowd...dunno...

jim65wagon

So some of you know me from TS and have followed my build thread there. I sort of thought someone would connect the dots since I use the same name(Flyin6)over there as well. How onearth would I copy all those posts and pictures, I meanliterally hundreds of them.

Dots connected right away in my mind.

For all those curious here's the link to the Tundra Solutions thread for flyin6's beautiful truck: My On/Off road build thread

flyin6

Observer
Nice Tundra! I have to ask about that roof rack... where did you get it? how much? What year is your truck? Your pics sent a shiver of joy through my body. Hope you enjoy the plethora of knowledge and enlightenment that this site has to offer.

The roof rack is home made. I have a tubing bender which gets used often.I built the rock rails, rear bumper/rock rail thing, exhaust, front and rear suspension. I only had help with the shocks and the Alcan springs, pretty much everything else is homemade. That roof rack is coming off soon, I'm redesigning another one, I need to integrate a snorkle and lower it a few inches, and save some weight!
roof rack installed 009 (Large).jpg

Semper Paratus

Observer
Are you selling the roof rack? What mounting system did you use to get it to mount to your cab? Some have said it can't be done... but your pictures prove otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3