Help Air only blows through defrost!

ZMagic97

Explorer
Have you taken the dash cover/bezel off? If it's like my pre-electronic HVAC on my JK, it's probably an issue with a cable the goes to the "door" the changes the flow of the air.

xSoFx

Its more than likely the blend door or motor. A quick search on any search engine will find you answers.

Zeep

Adventurer
Look for a disconnected vacuum line on or about your intake manifold. This line has slipped off nearly every TJ ever made. I used a small engine fuel line clamp to secure mine!

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Look for a disconnected vacuum line on or about your intake manifold. This line has slipped off nearly every TJ ever made. I used a small engine fuel line clamp to secure mine!

This. Defrost is the mode your hvac defaults too if something goes wrong with the vacuum source that is used to control your modes. Start at the intake manifold and trace the black plastic vacuum line that disappears into the firewall. Really common for them to slip off at the manifold. I have also seen them eaten by critters, crack from getting brittle, or get broken from other underhood repairs.

Mitch502

Explorer

This. Defrost is the mode your hvac defaults too if something goes wrong with the vacuum source that is used to control your modes. Start at the intake manifold and trace the black plastic vacuum line that disappears into the firewall. Really common for them to slip off at the manifold. I have also seen them eaten by critters, crack from getting brittle, or get broken from other underhood repairs.

Yep.

crusty1007

Pop your head under the dash right above tunnel and next to the gas pedal. Check to make sure the blend door arms aren't broke. its pretty common on them. At least that has been the theme with all TJs I have owned when the blend stops working. Some guys have found the switch to be the issue, although I have yet to experience that yet personally.

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
Thanks guys, it was the vacuum line it had a crack in it because it wasnt taped to the fire wall anymore and was sitting on the heater hose and i guess it got to hot and cracked but some electrical tape and zip ties fixed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal