Help finding workshop manual for 2002 FG Canter (4.2l 4d33)

HazMan

Observer
I'm having difficulty finding a workshop manual for my 2002 FG Canter. Mine is the 4.2 liter 4d33 engine.

The ones I have found online or ebay are for the 4d34, 3.9l turbo motor. I can't even find a FE one that covers the 4d33 engine.

I am wanting info on the fuel pump and fuel system at the moment so I can start changing my filters as I don't want to stuff anything up without looking at the manual first.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great appreciated.

Sean

selfy

Observer
$600 from mit$ubi$hi dealer, 4d33 engine was only in the FG637's I believe and seems to be a rare animal when chasing parts
and the manual has very little about the fuel pump in it
when you change your filters pre fill them with diesel and then hand prime them (one at a time) using the bleed screws on the top of the filter assembly
and start and run in between filters if you are unsure

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I have to say that the pdf manuals are the way to go. I actually have the paper binders on a shelf, but couldn't tell you the last time I actually pulled one down. So much easier to look it up on the computer, search, take notes, print relevant pages, etc. I also like having my shop manuals on my ipad - I've definitely found it useful on occasion.

Raker

Observer
Bought the manual from Mitsubishi dealer around $300 but only for chassis,cab,suspension,diffs,gearbox and so on, the engine is a separate manual and they could only supply that on a cd and was around $170. The latest manual they could get was for a 94 but it has been helpful for my 2002 637.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I have to say that the pdf manuals are the way to go.

The biggest issue I had with the PDF manuals was when it came to searching for stuff. The concept of having a main index PDF and individual PDF files for every section meant that you could not do a simple search of the whole section.
In the end this annoyed me so much that I made the effort and merged all of the PDF files into a single file (for each group - engine, chassis and electrical).
Now I no longer have an issue with the electronic format... :)

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
The biggest issue I had with the PDF manuals was when it came to searching for stuff. The concept of having a main index PDF and individual PDF files for every section meant that you could not do a simple search of the whole section.
In the end this annoyed me so much that I made the effort and merged all of the PDF files into a single file (for each group - engine, chassis and electrical).
Now I no longer have an issue with the electronic format... :)

Interesting, that's how mine came - one big honking file. I actually did the opposite and deleted out the sections for the other models it covered so that I didn't get confused by searching and then mistakenly going to results not relevant for my FG.

Last edited:

seangrips

Anyone still looking for Manuals

Anyone still looking for Manuals.
Both from Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America

1996-2001 FUSO FE FG Factory Service Manual

Mitsubishi Fuso Truck FE, FG Series Shop Manual 2002-2004

PM me there large files that i can give you a drop box link to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333