Help me decide: Looking at 2004 - 2006 unlilmited Wranglers

tj cruiser

Having done the Jeep thing for over 12 years and watching every change in every model very closely, go with the TJ Unlimited Rubicon. It will save you money down the road and retain more value than any other Jeep model in recent years.

that's exactly why I bought mine! :jumping: besides to have fun and invest my life savings into it! :wings:

kvincent

I replaced a 2000 TJ Sahara with a 2005 LJ Rubicon and the difference was substantial. The extra length may not sound like much, but it is a big difference in usable cargo area and ride quality. I really love that LJ and thought I'd never sell her. Then I drove a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon and I knew I had to have it. So, now there is a bright white JKUR in the driveway and my beloved LJ is for sale. It was a great second car, but the JK can be my only car. Of the five Jeeps I've owned (CJ, YJ, TJ, LJ, and JK) the LJ is my favorite, but the JK is rapidly becoming a real contender.

BTW, I never even considered a JK until the Pentastar. The 2011 interior was a big plus, too, but the engine is what sold me. If you're looking at 2011 and earlier, for my money, the LJ is the superior vehicle.

Kerry

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Keep in mind that the Rubicon was not available in the Unlimited flavor until second hald of the 2005 model year, so you will not find an '04 Rubicon Unlimited. Just '05 and '06. There were only about 12k+ total Rubicon Unlimited models built in '05-'06.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3