Help with insurance

GRTvan

OK, so we registered our E350 van with a CC poptop as a camper van. Now we can't get an insurance company to insure our van. We have tried numerous companies and they keep denying it in underwriting. They will not tell us why. When we had the van registered as a cargo van (even though it had the pop top and other stuff in it) we had no issues with insurance. Now that we have come clean and call the van what it is, we are screwed.

Any suggestions on insurance companies? Or how to approach them.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Start here

Read that thread then search that forum again for other threads pertaining to the same questions. People have gone numerous routes that fit what they wanted and needed. There’s lots of good info on options and what steps to take, but you may still need todo footwork on your end depending on where you live and how they define what an rv is in your area.

I went with safeco and got an agreed value plan. Even with a pop top, my van doesn’t count as an rv in Idaho and couldn’t be registered that way.

pat11784

Try Geico or Progressive I've had both since Allstate wouldn't insure my express 3500 extended passenger because they were convinced it was a dollar van.

I just talked to my insurance agent I’ve always delt with and he said no problem on a transit 250 adventure van that’s registered as a cargo commercial vehicle. I’m in so cal and am insured thru Mercury. He asked if it’s for personal use I said ya and he had me list all the upgrades for the under writer. Said it would raise my rate 288 every 6 months but I also got rid of my 2008 Silverado and bought a new van so a lot of the cost is there I assume

larryqp

Full-time RVer
National General Ins, should insure it as a RV. Call them direct, or call Good Sam Club. Plus from personal experience after a recent total lose of a Ranger Truck/FWC pop up camper combination, they pay claims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk