HOME BUILT OFF-ROAD TRAILER FOR SALE

STREGA

Explorer

Price: $7,000.00

I have been procrastinating on listing our trailer for sale because I don’t really want to sell it. But due to recent health issues my wife has been having the reality is we won’t be able to use it liked we planned when we bought it one and a half years ago.

We purchased this trailer from another forum member who was the builder of this trailer and he did a great build thread on it here on the forum which I will try to do a link to it. The build thread will probably answer most questions you might have about the trailer, but am happy to help with anything you might want to know. What I can say about this trailer is that it’s a very solid build and will withstand many trips into the backcountry. I tow it with a 2500 Ram truck and it towed very well on interstates @ 75mph which was as fast that I went, but sure it would go faster with no problems. I never took it on anything more than forest service roads which of course it did just fine with.

After purchasing the trailer the first thing I did before taking it home was to replace the tires with Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/70R/17’s. The spare tire will need to be replaced as it has no tread left.

The positive things on this trailer is that it’s affordable for most people especially in this economic situation the country is experiencing right now. It has a lot of the stuff that makes it a good off-road trailer that are shown in the build thread. It comes with a lock and roll multi axis hitch, independent suspension and 2 100 watt solar panels with 2 12volt batteries. License tags on this trailer are next to nothing ($24.00 a year) at least in Arizona.

The cons on the trailer is that it is a home built so it doesn’t have the cool factor that a commercially built trailer might have. The rear kitchen needs to be finished and rear hatch needs different gas struts installed or some different way to support the hatch when in the open position. Spare tire needs to be replaced.

Will add some pictures soon.

STREGA

Explorer
IMG_4576.jpeg

Last edited:

STREGA

Explorer
Not the best pictures but all I could find on my phone. It snowed here at the canyon last night but it’s melting fast so will try to get some more pics taken later today. Now to figure out how to link the build thread to this ad. I bumped the build thread to the top of the expedition/overland trailer: retail models. Why it’s there and not in the DYI thread I don’t know.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
... he did a great build thread on it here on the forum which I will try to do a link to it. ...
Link to build thread:

You're offering this a fantastic price, Doug; you're such a stand-up guy. Whoever gets it will make great memories.

Give our love to your wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater