Homemade GoPro!

pajombre03

Observer
So on friday my buddy and I were out on some trails, he in his tocoma, and me in my steed. And we were talking on our cb's doing the thing as usual. Well when i was in the rear cargo putting away a strap, i remembered i have had a video camera in my montero for months.. Then it all just hit me. With the CB antenna i was running, the magnet base had a screw for the rest of the ariel. I began to wonder if the screw was the same used on ALL cameras to attach to a tripod. And I tried it, and BOOM. An instant magnet mount camera that works pretty damn well. I tested it out for stability, and drove upwards of 60 mph with it set up, didnt budge. This is the antenna I have, and I just might be buying a new one to have a working CB and "GoPro". This will work with any camera made to mount to a normal tripod. (No news crew cameras and such). I"ll get a picture up tomorrow of the camera and mount on the car.

21G0N+s3GNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nicely done! Will be easier to use than a GoPro too. I guess the one key advantage the GoPro has is it's just a bit better protected against dirt and dust.

pajombre03

Observer
yes, you are right! But you can get a simple digital camera for fairly cheap. If you are concerned about water and such, just take it off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3